• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lola the escape artist!!

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Well we have kept lola and desmond apart since 'The Fight' but they have been grooming each other through cage bars and sleeping next to each other at night (in seperate cages) so was hopeful!

Anyway at the weekend we put a stairgate up so one rabbit can be free upstairs and one down. Was all going fine! both could pop their noses under the stairgates for kisses and grooming so all seemed good!!

Anyway this morning... lola managed to squeeze under the stairgate (gap is about 3 inches) and a big fight started!!! Grrr managed to seperate them again but its horrid!

Am guessing that they will not ever be able to be bonded together which really upsets me!

Dont give up. I had two males who fought really badly but I sent them away to a rescue to be bonded and they got on fine after that. Give them time to forget the fight and then try rebonding on neutral ground.

Yep, I agree. They both have seperate territory now so one getting in the others will trigger a fight. It's the same as if you put a new rabbit in another rabbits territory. You need to start with neutral territory and then you can judge whether they can spend time together. They obviously don't hate the sight of each other so I wouldn't give up just yet :)

Thank you both!:D

They seem to love each other through the bars just feel so guilty as Lola was so happy by herself and then we get Desmond to make her happier and she has been bitten and had cuts all over her!!

She is so sad now and just wants cuddles from us!!

Desmond is such a lovely rabbit and i adore him so just want them to be friends!! He is my little pig tho!! :lol:

Maybe things may settle again after the Spring! Think leave it a few weeks and maybe find someone who can do the bonding for me!!

Back