• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering Stitches

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I'm a bit concerned about Frankie. He was neutered about 5 weeks ago by his previous owner's vet and I was told he had been done with dissolvable stitching but the thread is still there and am a bit worried. Do you think he needs them removed and i was given the wrong info?

I wouldnt have thought it was a problem as long as the wound has healed ok and the area around it is ok and isnt infected or anything. Sometimes stitches can "pull" and feel tight and uncomfortable tho. He may chew off any loose ends himself anyway but if he's a good bun and will keep still then you could cut it off.

Hmmm not sure he will stay still lol but could try. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all and the wound is nicely healed but don't want to risk any adverse effects from leaving them in if they need removing.

Stitches are a nightmare - we have lack of stitches and thats a nightmare.

I rekon you should take to vet and ask them to remove them. Also, as long as the wound is healed ok then I suppose thats good.

Back