• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like I need to get a new set up

Maltilda&twinks

Warren Scout
Well last night all 3 buns - twinkle, matilda & CoCo were getting on great all snuggled after over a month apart due to twinkle and matilda not getting on. I very nearly left them overnight but at 11pm decided to separate them. This morning I let them all out together thinking that they would be great, within seconds they were all at each other :shock:, Twinkle was the main agressor and wouldn't leave Co-co or matilda alone. I am so upset, there was so much progress and now I am back to square one. But I can't bare the thought of them fighting again and it is such a struggle keeping them indoors to try and introduce them to each other again. So I need to set up another hutch my only quandry is who do I let stay with CoCo?? And do you think they will ever get on again or will I have to let them out separately??:(

Each time you separate you have to re-bond, so you maybe could've left them last night if they were fine. Some buns don't do well with the re-introducing to play together. You may need to re-bond from scratch on neutral territory. Are they all spayed/neutered?

Each time you separate you have to re-bond, so you maybe could've left them last night if they were fine. Some buns don't do well with the re-introducing to play together. You may need to re-bond from scratch on neutral territory. Are they all spayed/neutered?

Yup they are all done, and were a happy family until Matilda got very ill one day and I had to bring her in as she nearly didn't make it. That broke the bond and that's when it all started. Is it ok to keep them all separated for a little while and then try with the two girls again and then introduce co-co. Is there any length of time you should leave them as twinkle did take a clump of hair off of matilda?

Hair pulling isn't 'major' with bonding - it's breaking the skin or locking on to the neck/abdomen/genitals that are big no-nos and reason to split them and reconsider bonding.

I'd keep them all seperate for a week so that they can forget what happened and then start again.
Good luck and if worst comes to worst.... Coco can always come and live with me ;);)

I'd keep them all seperate for a week so that they can forget what happened and then start again.
Good luck and if worst comes to worst.... Coco can always come and live with me ;);)

Ahh my little man he is the only one who is keeping me sane at the moment, he is lovely :love:

Back