• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny garden

Bbrown

New Kit
Hi everyone!
My house bunnies love playing in the garden so I've started to create a special play area for them (hopefully that should keep them out of my herb garden, but I'm not holding my breath...). The area I have fenced off is about 3x4 metres and mostly paved with a bit of grass and an empty flower bed area. I was wondering if anyone else with a bunny garden area could suggest anything we could put out there for them to play on/with... Any ideas?

sorry i dont have any ideas.. :(
Just would like to say that its a good idea :lol:
my dad put a fence around my mums flower boarder so the buns cant eat them... but other than that they get the run of the whole garden :love:

A sandpit, or leave part of the flower bed empty for digging. Something for a bit of shelter from the sun on hot days eg a chair, pot on it's side etc.

Big flower pots (with grass or something similar in) they can then stretch up and much and also jump in.

Some upright sticks eg get some hazel poles and bury them a foot of so to keep them upright. They'll love chewing on them, you can put some cross pieces in two - to make hurdles for jumping :D

Mine like anything they can jump on, or hide under, or run through, or chew on...:D Try putting different things in there eg. a flowerpot on its side or upright and see whether the buns want to sit in it or run round it. You can always put a carboard box in there on dry days and the buns will love hiding in it and digging/chewing it :)

Thanks for all the suggestions :D. I've already got a few big flowerpots, a tunnel, a selection of boxes and some waterproof toys they like to play with (they're obsessed with a little football they found at the back of the garden at the minute). Here's hoping they enjoy it all!

I am a bunny scrounger! :oops:

I am always on the look out for bits and bobs in skips for my buns to play on and so far have a traffic cone, three beer crates, old stools and some fab piping the local gas men left!

I am a bunny scrounger! :oops:

I am always on the look out for bits and bobs in skips for my buns to play on and so far have a traffic cone, three beer crates, old stools and some fab piping the local gas men left!

:lol::lol: Brilliant - now thats what I call resourceful :lol:

I'm trying to get my bunny garden together and have an old wicker laundry bin, some pieces of log roll an upturned large litter tray that acts as a hidy hole. I've grown lots of parsley in old tyres as well. They also have plastic plant pots that they take great delight in chucking around. I'm plannin a few stepping stones as well.

I bought this wicker rabbit tunnel, but really it it just like a bottomless wicker trash can on its side. It is by far the favorite item. Sometimes they hide inside, sometimes they roll it around. It's funny when they do both at once--someone is inside and someone else is trying to flip it over.

Back