• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Long Lasted Bunnies At The End Of The Mounth

Im Finaly getting some!!!
we've disscused-were making the hutch:) Half of its already made for us:) x
Im soooo exited, ive never been soo exited in my whole life!!:p:p

Yay!!!
Cant wait to see photos of them when you have them...
:D
i remember how excited i was when i first got my harvey :love:
xx

:pi havent got a clue what buns, probbily mini lop or maybe english spot, maybe dutch cross, one of them along the line,:p
if I get a female and i know my bro whats a black male called buster(after(i named fudge that) fudge buster but chenged his name becuase his fur got lighter
I Need advice, they MIGHT be neuted/sprayed, i havent a clue.
Possibly A Female i will get but maybe a male, but what if they're not neuted/sprayed, am i keeping them seprate? until they are? do 2 unneuted boys matter untill they are neuted? xxx

A female and male will mate and produce babies unless they are neutered. So if you want a female, and your bro gets a male, you'll have to have separate accommodation for quite a while, so more money spent on accommodation. If you get two of the same sex, then you can keep them together and get them neutered together.

2 un-neutered males cannot be kept together- they will fight! 2 females will probably do the 2. One male, one female WILL have babies.

I know its been said a million times before but I really would get them from a rescue that are already neutered and bonded for you. It will save you alot of money and stress!

oh okay thanks:)

I Carnt choose though, im gettting adoption, thats the closest to rescue i can get im sorry:roll:

Why carnt 2 males?? thyl onley be in there untill they settl in? x

2 un-neutered males cannot be kept together- they will fight! 2 females will probably do the 2. One male, one female WILL have babies.

I know its been said a million times before but I really would get them from a rescue that are already neutered and bonded for you. It will save you alot of money and stress!

??

I meant do the same! Hands typing faster than my brain is working today!

I would never risk putting two males together, its not worth it. I had two un-neutered males who broke out and got together and within seconds they were locked on fighting.

The only way you can get two males together is if you get them as babies and neuter as soon as hormones kick in, or keep them separate and neuter them, then bond them after 6 weeks when their hormones have died down.

If you are getting adoptions from Pets at Home I don't suppose you will know what sex you are getting until you go in the store once your accomodation is finished.

Also, at our Pets at Home they usually only have single rabbits for adoption not a bonded pair that have come in together. So you would then have to wait until another one is available for adoption and then try and bond them and what would happen if they did not get along?

Either way, it's likely you will need 2 hutches for a while (or forever if the bonding didn't work).

Ash whether you get 2 males, 2 females or 1 male & 1 female - it really is a priority that they are neutered / speyed if they are to live together. What ever combination - they will almost always end up fighting as their hormones start to rage - if not breeding (male / female) :?

It is better all round for you & for the bunsters if they are neutered / speyed - in all honesty you would be better to take everyone's advice on here & get a pair from a rescue that are already neutered / speyed & bonded. Otherwise your parents will have to pay for the ops or you will potentially end up with very unhappy & potentially injured bunnies. I don't want to put you off, as owning bunnies is wonderful, but please, please make sure you know what you are getting yourself into & ensure you are able to do the right thing by them :?

2 cadges?? im not bonding them, we are going to get the rspca to do them for us, they do do it up my way i think. is it easy to bond at a young age? x

Why cant you get one from rescue?
Have you talked to your mum about it? That it works out cheaper... as they have already have been neutered and their vac....? All you have to do is make a donation?

two males will fight... unless they are babies and havent grown their... 'you know whats down below' and have come from a big litter so they are used to other buns company....
Two females are the same... until they reach maturaty....
Its best to have them neutered....

Ash whether you get 2 males, 2 females or 1 male & 1 female - it really is a priority that they are neutered / speyed if they are to live together. What ever combination - they will almost always end up fighting as their hormones start to rage - if not breeding (male / female) :?

It is better all round for you & for the bunsters if they are neutered / speyed - in all honesty you would be better to take everyone's advice on here & get a pair from a rescue that are already neutered / speyed & bonded. Otherwise your parents will have to pay for the ops or you will potentially end up with very unhappy & potentially injured bunnies. I don't want to put you off, as owning bunnies is wonderful, but please, please make sure you know what you are getting yourself into & ensure you are able to do the right thing by them :?

im trying my best to perswade my mam to the rspca:roll: some how i think my perswading is working:roll: but not quite sure...:oops:

Why cant you get one from rescue?
Have you talked to your mum about it? That it works out cheaper... as they have already have been neutered and their vac....? All you have to do is make a donation?

two males will fight... unless they are babies and havent grown their... 'you know whats down below' and have come from a big litter so they are used to other buns company....
Two females are the same... until they reach maturaty....
Its best to have them neutered....

How mutch? xx

Sometimes it doesn't work out (both rabbits will need to be neutered before bonding takes place, so you'll need two cages whilst they recover from the operations). Some rabbits just never bond (some on here haven't, however hard they try) so you may have to have two separate cages for life.

If you are going to use the RSPCA for bonding why not just get 2 already bonded rabbits from them?

And yes, you will need 2 hutches as I'm sure the RSPCA will have a waiting list for their bonding service. Plus, they can't go together until they are neutered if you end up with a male and female.

I am not sure the RSPCA do bonding to be honest. The ones round here dont anyways. If I were you I would search on www.rabbitrehome.org.uk for pair of bunnies that you like and then ask your mum. If you ask nicely on here usually someone will do a bunny run and bring them up to you if you cant travel.

im trying my best to perswade my mam to the rspca:roll: some how i think my perswading is working:roll: but not quite sure...:oops:

I know you're trying your best & I know how hard it is when you are trying to do your best. Would it help if you printed off some info from the forum & you gave it your mam to read & explained how you are trying to be sensible for everyone involved - you, your mam & dad, as well as being responsible for the bunnies? :) Plus make sure you tell her all about the research you've been doing? There's not many youngsters that would do the amount of research you've done - so I hope she would be dead pleased with you :D

Last edited:
Back