• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering/Biting!

Kellyrich

Warren Scout
Hi

As some of you will know my Stan is a little nipper! The other night i got bit quite bad and had to have a tetanus and antibiotics and a stitch, but im not sure whether it was Stan or Barney that bit me as i was busy trying to separate them after Barney got into the kitchen and turned my head for a second! Barney has been neutered and to be honest it didnt make him into a calmer bunny as most people say that it does. I just wanted people's experiences of their rabbits being neutered and wanted to know if it did change them or stop them biting etc. I need to get Stan done when he is old enough as i cant let him keep biting especially due to the size he is going to be. I dont want to have to get rid of him but i really need him to stop biting. Did anybody else's rabbit stop biting etc when they got them neutered?

Thanks x

:wave: Is there a particular trigger for his biting? Does it happen at a certain time or when anything specific is going on?

:wave: Is there a particular trigger for his biting? Does it happen at a certain time or when anything specific is going on?

To be honest, no, i never know when it is going to happen. He is very loving but then will just bite you!! I cant quite figure it out! :(

Hmm, so nothing in particular is scaring him then.... Is he biting to try and hurt you? If not, and he's usually affectionate maybe he's just nipping at you to get your attention or has amorous intentions (if it's the latter that should calm down with neutering).

Elsa, a female bun, stopped all her aggressive behavior once speyed, and was alot nicer once she moved in with sexy boyfriend, Joe :D

Sadly no idea about males as ours all came from rescues and were already neutered. Ozzy nipped a little when i first got him but it was probably because he was a bit nervous, then had to deal with 9 days on panacur into his mouth hehe. He stopped nipping once the panacuring stopped ;)

Strawberry is a nipper too! Always when your trying to put an end to his mischeif or not feeding him treats quick enough! He only started after being neutered so think its more of an attention seeking thing than hormonal.

Back