• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would buns miss their babies?

kerry-123

Mama Doe
We may have to rehome four of Scooch's buns :cry::cry: stupid bloody petshop getting her sex wrong:evil: We think we can only afford to keep two, but anyway I'm just wondering would buns miss their kits (may sound silly) but last night I was imagining just taking all the kits away from her and it actually broke my heart:cry: And imagining those breeders (Not all breeders I'm not bashing the lot of you) just the ones who completely wreck their buns and get constant litters out of them and then just take them all away. It really makes me sad

Crystal actually seemed quite releaved when her babies went when they started running and hopping around they never left her alone! i kept one baby withher which iwas told was a girl (turned out tobe a boy) and he was still trying to suckle off her at 12 weeks old :shock:

Millie was relieved to have some piece and quiet from her lot :roll:
I think she likes being on her own though.....shortly after her babies were weaned she was spayed (about 6 weeks after) then when she healed she was bonded with Thumper and i think she gets annoyed at him :lol: She likes to have company but also likes her 'girly' time :lol:

dont worry too much, they will be fine:D

I remember when my first bunny had a litter (a long time ago) and she was quite glad when we rehomed her babies. It was quite funny as when they were about 8 weeks old they used to slyly try and get some milk from her and she would hop around and stomp her foot to tell them off hehe:lol: Yh so I think she was glad when they went lol! I dont think rabbits really do miss thier young as in the wild they probably dont even know which ones are thiers lol. But it would be nice for you to keep 2 :D They would probably get on well given the chance to stay together at yours! Good Luck with them getting good new homes x x x:D

Thanks guys made me feel better :D Yeah the kits now keep trying to get her milk before she jumps of :lol: sometimes they get about 5 seconds of milk before shes off :lol: She's in her playpen now...just flopped out Lol probs exhausted haha :p

Back