• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering vibes for Cleo please xx

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Cleo is going in to be neutered on Wednesday morning and I am a bit scared. The operation the boys went through seems like nothing in comparison to what she'll have to go thru (Sapphire was neutered by Honeybunnies so I didn't have to experience it then). What am I to expect behaviour wise? Is there anything I will need to change in her living arrangements? How long can't she play with Kitt for? Thanks xx

Sorry cant help you really...
just take it slow and make sure she doesnt do too much while recovering.. such as jumping up high...

Sending lots of vibes. xxx

I think most people say to keep them indoors and confined for a few days so they cant jump up and hurt themselves. If they live with another bun it depends on their relationship and how the other bun responds when they come home. Humping can be quite damaging! Dudley never humps Daisy so I let him stay with her, he was just so pleased to have her home he did some grooming and then sat with her :love: I think the most important thing is to keep her warm and frequently tempt her to eat with tasty nibbles, basil, parsley and dandelion leaves. I also put a shallow bowl of water very close as well. Daisy wanted to sit inside one of her cardboard boxes so I put some vet bed in there with a sugglesafe. It took several days for her to want to eat her normal food.

Make sure you leave the vets with some metacam so you can syringe extra pain relief over the next 2-3 days if she needs it. My vet said Daisy wouldn't need any extra because she'd had a 24hr injection, but I insisted I take some with me just in case and she did need it!! I split the dose into morning and evening and she perked up and ate a little while after each dose.

Im sure all will be fine, but I know what it feels like, I was a nervous wreck!

Back