• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

with so many Ill bunnies this easter :(

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering how long is the longest your bunny has gone without eating or pooping for what ever reason and still made a full recovery?

Alvin went for a minimum of 16hrs approx without food and then another 8 hrs on top of that without pooping when he had stasis and had to be admitted..

I've never seen bigger, more golden and healthy poos with mine, must be the A&P change over and their love for hay.
Mine have never not eaten :?
Vibes for all the sick bunnies, what makes them go into statis?

so far I have been quite lucky.

I rekon Bean was worst when old vets forgot to give pain killers after his neuter :shock::shock:- he wouldn't eat for like 10 hours and was then admitted.

My last foster bun spayed went 4 days without eating or pooing, my friends bunny went 3 days the other week (after bonding turned into a disaster). Milly went three days when she was in full stasis.

I've never seen bigger, more golden and healthy poos with mine, must be the A&P change over and their love for hay.
Mine have never not eaten :?
Vibes for all the sick bunnies, what makes them go into statis?

my vet said noone really knows.... he said its possibly, stress, teeth or infection theres probably loads more to add to that list... for Alvin i was sure it was because i was late with his breakfast which stressed him.. but i have since realised i was giving too much variety and possibly too much fruit.. since ive stuck to the same 4 high fibre veg and little to no fruit ive only had one scare with him which i put down to a drop in temperature, it was a really really cold night but he was ok within 2 hours :D

Yep... it was before i knew anything about rabbits and the vet didn't advise force feeding...she literally went without anything for 7 days. I have no idea how she survived :shock:

that should give hope to all the poor bunny moms and dads worrying tonight... 7 days is a whole week... amazing

that should give hope to all the poor bunny moms and dads worrying tonight... 7 days is a whole week... amazing

I hope so. It always scares me when I hear about rabbits going downhill so quickly, I've been really lucky with mine. Really thought my friends rabbit was going to die though the other week. He didn't even want to lift his head off the floor, and I cried for three days because my friend would have been devastated if I'd lost him. It's so worrying.

what amazes me, is that my boy peanut hasnt had stasis, i prod his food everyday applying creme, make him have two syringes of medicene and he HATES it. he grunts, bites, boxes, so its clearly stressed yet hes never ever gone off his food.

Then we have Jelly who has had stasis twice, one mildly and one injection and fibreplex sorted it, another time she was in the vets for two days. she doesnt get stressed though, and i know she doesnt. often people dont believe me but she doesnt, she binkies at the vets! :lol: maybe she is prone to tummy probs, i dont know.

so many poorly bunnies at the moment isnt there.

Back