• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all bunnies do this

Frodo

New Kit
Just recently I have noticed clumps on fur in Frodos' hutch. I know that with the weather getting warmer he will molt, but I would have thought it would be more like a cat. I don't remember this happening when I had rabbits as a child.
I know that doe's pull fur out to make nests for their kittens, but Frodo is (so I believe) male and even if he was a she there is no way she could be pregnant.:roll:
Does anyone think 'she' is having a fantom pregnancy? S/he does like me going near his/her hutch and bit me twice recently. :cry: something that has not happened in a LONG time. I got nipped once or twice when I first got Frodo, but not like this. Frodo seems almost angry with me now where as before Frodo was nervious. Frodo has also stopped 'enjoying' our fuss after the run.
Any advice would be most welcome.:)

Yes rabbits do moult, and now is prime time for it! Mine have been moulting for a few weeks now and have got really bad this weekend while it's been warm!

Not sure about the phantom pregnancy thing - someone will know though.

Back