• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
A client of the practice came in today to ask about something, she is doing a small animals course locally, and they have a male rabbit they are sure has been dropped and now has movement problems. He has seen a vet and is on medication, but they tend to breed rabbits. If he doesn't get better should I offer to take him. Part of me thinks they should have to deal with the consequences, and probably one of the students or the rescue they go to will take him. My concern is neither the students or the rescue have the time, facilities or know how to help. I'm not saying we know it all but we have a bit more experience of long term nursing than most.

Personally I would take him in. I wouldn't expect a busy rescue to have the time to give him all the care he needs and he would take up a space long term which other rehomable buns need.

If you think you have the time to care for him, I would go for it :D

I have to say I am thinking that way, but yet again we aren't really organised yet- saying that we do have a single female looking for a friend.:oops:

If I waited until I was organised I would never have any bunnies :lol::lol:

Good luck with him, I'm sure he will fit in nicely ;):wave:

I'd definitely say go for it! Little fella needs a special home & it sounds like you would be able to offer him just that :D Don't forget to post his pics when he arrives ;):D

Back