• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Does His Pawing At Me Mean?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Dylan has only been with me for 2 weeks now but it seems like he's been here much longer as he's settled in so well.
One thing that puzzles me is his recent behaviour when I'm sitting on the floor of his cabin & he's out playing. He comes & sits on my lap & then just starts pawing at my top (I guess you could also call it digging) & then nibbling it!
I'm not restraining him at all, so he's free to hop off if he wants to but I don't quite undersatnd why he's doing it - any ideas?

Just having some fun? :lol: My rabbits do similar things, and I don't know if they recognize the shirt as part of me or not. They just love to dig!

My Boosh has always done that too, and like you said he is not restrained, and does it out of choice... he seems to like it, and as long as he doesn't bite me i let him :lol:

I heard somewhere that digging on your clothes or areas around you is an invitation for grooming. Try stroking his head, and put your hand under his chin to see if he wants to lick you.

my bun Minnie does the same thing if she were to sit next to my chair. My bridge bun Little Happy also love to do that digging motion when he's out at the garden where the top soil is. I would love to know why she loves to dig on my pants when she sits next to me

My boy does this to me when im wearing a black hoody - dunno why, but only black!

He also does it to the carpet, but hasnt managed to dog through yet thank goodness!

Digging can be a sign that he wants you to move, sometimes that he wants some love. The nibbling could be him thinking he's really helpful and getting rid of your matted fur :lol::lol:

Bluebell always does this when he wants grooming - If I am watching tv and stop for two seconds he soon lets me know he's there! :lol:

Yeah, thats a pretty common gesture! Dwight loves to do that on cardboard, any type of plastic bag and our carpet :shock: He also ALWAYS does it on my pajama pants, must be the materials that he likes :lol:

Daisy does it quite a lot, especially if I'm wearing a fleece jumper. She often nips at my jeans too, but I generally take that to mean 'oi you, give me a bunny treat' :lol:

Back