• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a week! :-( :-(

Well I am sat here thinking what a week.

Last monday Truffle was taken in to be spayed.
Tuesday she was in hospital again as she wasn't eating.
Wednesday I was working with kids at school as we were transferring their play to the Rose theatre in Kingston
Thursday I worked at school despite being easter holidays.
Friday I rested
Saturday I went to museum
Sunday Treasure hunt and then vets as we discovered Truffle had pulled her stitches out.
Monday been sat here all day waiting for poo. Both are eating. Bean has pood and Truffle hasn't but she will still come running for treats. I am now worried about Truffle AGAIN!!!!! It is seriously driving me round the bend. Just had an argument with my partner about it all as he thinks I am being paranoid. She has eaten and it is bounding around but still no poos all day. Don't know what to do know and feel like I am at my wits end after this week. :cry::cry::cry::cry: now just burst into tears!

Problem is I guess you wont be able to tell in the morning whether or not she has pooed overnight unless you can tell beans from truffles?

Poor you, it's so worrying when they don't eat or poo properly after an operation - I'm exactly the same. The fact that you're worried means that you are a bunny savvy, caring bunny mum. I know it's difficult but try to relax, and if you're still worried phone the vets in the morning.

As for your other half, maybe he doesn't realise the seriousness of a bunny not eating/pooing properly? They're not like dogs and cats :shock:

Hope everything is ok :wave:

Poor you, it's so worrying when they don't eat or poo properly after an operation - I'm exactly the same. The fact that you're worried means that you are a bunny savvy, caring bunny mum. I know it's difficult but try to relax, and if you're still worried phone the vets in the morning.

As for your other half, maybe he doesn't realise the seriousness of a bunny not eating/pooing properly? They're not like dogs and cats :shock:

Hope everything is ok :wave:

Bun Dad here :wave: and my other half does realise that she needs to poo as he is also checking the litter tray every two seconds. However, he believes that taking her to the vets will cause more stress as she HATES it and its such a stress for her. I think she has probably been on alert mode all day which may be causing the lack of poop! Also I think I worry too much about them which is causing the stress and tension because he feels that he isn't allowed to be worried or it will send me into ultra stress mode. Quite frankly I am just :censored: off with it all at the moment! :cry:

Then I suggest you do something to take your mind off it, get an early night and then get up early in the morning and check on her. If she still hasnt pooed take her too the vets.

im sure they will both be fine.. sounds like you just need a kip.. how about an hour nap just to recharge before you go back onto poop watch no good trying to think straight when your too tired :wave:

im sure they will both be fine.. sounds like you just need a kip.. how about an hour nap just to recharge before you go back onto poop watch no good trying to think straight when your too tired :wave:

all very true - right going to put some rubbish tv on and then have some wine

I second your rubbish bankholiday. Had to comfort a sobbing little girl and mum as their foster bun was PTS & had to nurse his companion through stasis yesterday, she seemed to make a recovery and then went completely down hill. My gran also had a mini stroke :cry: I'm hitting the vino tonight big style and trying to persuade the OH to get some icecream out of the freezer.

Hope truffle pulls through for you & raise a glass to rubbish TV & vino.

I know exactly what you mean-I remember following Daisy around and inspecting the grass looking for poos-what the neighbours thought as I got excited/happy when I saw fresh ones I dont know.You defo need a bottle of wine [and maybe even a piece of cake or takeaway].Hugs to you all x

I too know how you are feeling, i am completely fed up! My rabbit hasn't properly eaten since Thursday, I've been to 3 different vets, so done probably about 300 miles of driving with a stressed out bunny in the last 5 days. She's going in for a dental on Thursday and I'd rather she was going in tomorrow whilst she still seem alert but the vet said they were fully booked up tomorrow because of the bank holiday weekend! I could scream :censored: and tomorrow I have to go back home, leaving Lola with my mum, just so I can wait in the house for a courier to come pick something up between the hours of 9 and 5pm!!! ahhhhhh
Hope your bunny gets better soon :)

Here is to rubbish telly! I have been watching panorama - people dealing with being unemployed. I feel completely humbled and silly now as I am a teacher and therefore in secure employment and my partner also has secure employment fingers crossed!!

Truffle has also just prooved to me how STUPID I have been by pooing absolutely everywhere!! Well done Truff!

Lets all have some wine...at this point it seems to be making things better :lol:

Big vibes to all those buns out there who aren't too well. Lola bunny...mega vibes for your little one:love::love: Maybe ring the vet and tell them it is an emergency. Daisylop - good luck for your bun - I have wine and Nick has just made cakes - hurrah! Ecudc - hope your gran feels better soon and hope the other buns you talk off get better.

Buns don't half give you the run around!:lol:

Yey! Thats great news! Told you she would be fine! Now go and do some relaxing before you exhaust yourself!!!

Yey! Thats great news! Told you she would be fine! Now go and do some relaxing before you exhaust yourself!!!

Indeed! Thanks for your support again Rachie j - hope Snowdrop clears up soon and hope Strawb is being a good husbun! He is adorable like I said before - so handsome!

Just caught up with this, glad to hear Truffle has left her calling card everywhere :D You won't be complaining tonight about cleaning up after her. I am sure that she will be fine in the end.

Back