• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit of a refurb on the Doodle Palace (Jamie and Saffy's home)

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Well with the sun being out and all, Claire and I thought it'd be a great day to treat the rabbit shed with Cuprinol... only done 1 coat so far, but will finish off with another on another day (F.Y.I... 5 litres of Cuprinol treat and colour paint is £6.10 from Wilkinsons at the moment... we're using the Autumn shade).

Also made a bit of a run for them which we will let them in when someone is the house, am planning on making it a bit more secure though... any ideas? Because of the area I live I wont be leaving them out all night.... the inside of their shed is on 3 levels, incorporating 2 hutches which they use as both shelving panels and to play in (soon to be changing when we take the plunge and build our own accessories for inside!!!)

I have put some new tarpaulin on the front too, and also above the run on top of the mesh.... just to give them some shade from the elements.

Let me know what you think.. my wonderful Claire is to thank for the painting :love: :love:

130420092761.jpg

130420092763.jpg

130420092764.jpg

130420092766.jpg

130420092767.jpg

130420092769.jpg

130420092771.jpg

I hope you all like it, it's work in progress xx

Thank you all for your lovely comments :D:D

It's just a modified home, they've had it for about a year now... but it needed treating a bit, I can't wait for the second coat to go on to be honest, it'll look gorgeous in the sunshine :love::love:.

The shed part is 10ft long x 4ft width x 5.5ft high... so with the run they get an extra 4ft in the length... hoping to build our own though to make it much bigger, and just use the one that is on the shed as a collapsable one.

xx

Does anyone have any suggestions about wood to use for shelving, best place to get adhesive flooring and anything else I could put in there instead of the hutches? Sapphire has difficulty grasping ramps, so it would need to be something I could modify if needs be.

Thanks,

Lou xx

Back