• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many rabbits can you fit into a 3 x 2 hutch? (may upset some)

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
I could not beleive my eyes when I saw this today and whats more the RSPCA have been and looked and told the owner it is fine because it is actually a foot larger than it has to be for breeding:censored:

9 yes I said 9 rabbits (Dutch) all in one little 3 x 2 hutch. 40 hutches in one large shed breeding Dutch rabbits for pet shops and showing:censored::censored::cry::cry:

:shock::shock: They must be like sardines in a hutch that size. :evil: I could half understand if they said that size was suitable for one breeding rabbit (although I totally disagree personally) but for 9??? The owner must be fibbing surely, the RSPCA wouldn't have said that would they? :shock::shock:

Surely they should get a second opinion that stinks it's not right and if it is I think you should file a complaint to the RSPCA

This is why I lost faith in the RSPCA a long time ago:evil:
I alerted them to a bunny in a 3 x 2 hutch that was sat on the ground the whole thing including the bedding was wet through, there was no run attached and the owner had an alsation dog that continually barked at it, the RSPCA visited and told me everything was okay:evil:

This is why I lost faith in the RSPCA a long time ago:evil:
I alerted them to a bunny in a 3 x 2 hutch that was sat on the ground the whole thing including the bedding was wet through, there was no run attached and the owner had an alsation dog that continually barked at it, the RSPCA visited and told me everything was okay:evil:

EUGH!! Is it me or (well going by tv shows:oops:) do Americans seem to care more for animal welfare than us over in Britain/Ireland??

Surely they should get a second opinion that stinks it's not right and if it is I think you should file a complaint to the RSPCA

Kerry I heard it for myself. The hutches are full of babies too most approx 3 weeks old and there are some does due to be mated shortly. The breeder proudly announced that one rabbit was on her 19th litter!!!!!!!:censored::censored: He said she was only just 2.5yrs old:cry::cry:

Kerry I heard it for myself. The hutches are full of babies too most approx 3 weeks old and there are some does due to be mated shortly. The breeder proudly announced that one rabbit was on her 19th litter!!!!!!!:censored::censored: He said she was only just 2.5yrs old:cry::cry:

Omg!! I thought maybe he was telling lies. That's bloody AWFUL can't you file a complaint? ?

how can the RSPCA justify breeding animals having less space than companion animals? It's not like they have different physiology :?

how can the RSPCA justify breeding animals having less space than companion animals? It's not like they have different physiology :?

They don't, they have to follow what the law says.

This is something that gets me really mad as well, it's just not right at all.

Back