• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Noo Mam Please Don't!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::cry:Shes planning digging up the grass and putting stones down...not one bit of grass!!
theres the deking..&& the pattio
Where will i put the rabbit run??:cry::cry:
....Dose This MeenI Carnt Have A Bunnie?:cry::cry::cry:*Crys Hart Out*
Its Just Not FAIR:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
I don't have any grass and i've got 7 bunnies and 3 guinapigs i just grow some in pots

It's not essential to have grass, infact if you put your run on the grass and never moved it they'd probably kill it, I know my guinea pigs do! It's a pain keeping having to move their enclosure, it weighs a ton!
My only concerns would be how comfortable it would be for them, my bun's enclosure is on concrete so I put down hay so it is nice and comfortable for them :wave:

I think Lionheadluver has hay in her run, so you can ask her how she keeps it clean etc. If you decided to have hay, it may be a bit tricky with the English weather :? :lol: How about rubber? I'm sure just concrete would be fine!

It took me a while to figure out how to keep the hay clean. We put rubber mats down first onto the concrete, and then put hay on top. You need a cover on all sides (from the top of the run to the floor) to stop hay getting wet on top, and the rubber mat will stop the hay getting wet underneath (as the water will stay under the mat, and will not contact the hay). You can just use a rubber mat if you wish, but because of molly's hocks, I need to use hay, so this (i found) to be the best way to keep it clean.

I have grass at the bottom of my garden but keep my bunnys runs on the concrete as its easier to sweep up the poos :lol: and it keeps thier nails worn down!! And they make such a mess on the grass so I just pick them some and give them hay :D:D It should be fine for you to have bunnys x x x

Back