• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smoke Pearl owners? (Actual breed not just colour)

Piptickle

Warren Scout
I've just got a new girl, Freya. I was told she is a Smoke Pearl as in the breed not just the colour. I looked on the BRC website and she does match the breed standard for the Marten type, although the colour looks different-Freya is a blue colourhttp://www.thebrc.org/smoke.htm (the pic is a siamese type I think). So is there anyone else on here with a Smoke Pearl? I'd love to see other pix. Also what age will she be fully grown? She is 8 months at the minute but the standard says they can get upto 7lbs, I've not weighed her yet but I'd say she is'nt that size yet, do you think she still has some growing to do? Looks like Roary's "little sister" is gonna be a much "bigger sister"!

Last edited:
hutches019.jpg

?

WOW! That looks just like my Freya! Except Freya is maybe a tad darker!(And of course the ears are alittle different;)) Is she/he a Smoke Pearl? How big is she/he? Absolutely adorable thanks so much for sharing!!!

Last edited:
Yeah sorry, i just googled it. Thats definately the breed you were talking about though.

heya im a smoke pearl breeder (only about 5 of us in the country)

theres some pics of my rabbits on my site
www.moorcroftrabbits.com

if you post some pics and say where you got her from i can let you know if shes a smoke or not :D

edit just looked at the pics above... the first one belongs to a friend and the second one is mine :D guinevere hehe

xx becky

Back