• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bunny on its way! Oh for **** sake /Piccys added/ Been to vets post 83

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Steve is starting to get worse than me when it comes to bunnies :shock:

He is currently on his way to collect a bunny that I didn't know existed an hour ago. He visited his sister last night and this morning tells me that she knows someone who wants rid of her bun asap as she can't cope with it. It is long haired, completely matted and dirty underneath. So I say ring up for more details and see what is going on, next thing I know he is off the phone saying I am collecting it at 11 O clock.:shock: I have no idea what the bunny is, but it does come with its own hutch so can go in the neighbours garden away from our buns for a few weeks.( thats if the hutch is fit to live in)

That wouldn't be so bad except there is another bun arriving on Sunday which I am also blaming Steve for. We were contacted about a bun that is also long coated and sound badly disabled. I mentioned it to Steve in passing as I was only thinking about it and he said yes straight away and is now happily going on an 8 hour bunnyrun to collect it. I think he just said yes so he can have a day out away from me :lol:

All these long haired buns are going to be very time consuming, we have 5 here already. I think I am going to have to teach him to groom them as his punishment for making me have sooo many bunnies ;):lol::lol:

Last edited:
The poor bunny :shock::shock::shock: It is in such a state

Needless to say its hutch has completely fallen apart. It was rotten right through, nails sticking out and wire torn :censored:

the bunny named Tinkerbelle is supose to be a girl but has a lovely pair of testicles. It was sexed by a vet not long ago :? I am concerned that its genitals don't look right.

It has a cataract to one eye and a dirty bum and it is matted even though it is short coated :(

It has now been housed well away from our buns in nextdoors summerhouse (we will tell them when they come home :oops:) and will be going straight to the vets in the morning

Will post pictures later :)

Im so glad you have got this bun, it will be so much happier with you.
That is almost exactly how I ended up with Honey Bunny (3 weeks ago) she is long haired and has a dodgy bum, but we all love her to bits.
I would come and brush all your long haired buns if only I lived nearer!!

Im so glad you have got this bun, it will be so much happier with you.
That is almost exactly how I ended up with Honey Bunny (3 weeks ago) she is long haired and has a dodgy bum, but we all love her to bits.
I would come and brush all your long haired buns if only I lived nearer!!

This poor bunny turned out not to have long hair after all, but his coat is still in a state and seems to be suffering from mites.

He is a gorgeous REW lop with a lovely round face, I am rather taken with him already. He is currently flopped out in his freash cage. It must be quite a novelty for him not to be lying on soaking wet rotting wood :(

we need to think of a new name for him , we can't take him to the vets tomorrow with the name tinkerbelle :?

Poor little lamb, he must think he's in heaven with a nice comfortable clean cage and you and Steve to look after him :) Thank goodness for Steve's big heart, sorting this little one out :)

I have a lovely REW here seeking a new home too...alas he is young and healthy so doesn't meet your sanctuary criteria, but for anyone else reading... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=169654&highlight=wesley ;)

How about Beau instead of Belle for this little one, or just Tinker...does he look as if he's going to be a little rascal once he's settled down and feeling better? Or would you prefer to completely break from his past and give him a totally different name...if so, I suggest Derek, or Trevor.

Im relatively new to Bunnydom, whats a REW?

We need pics to really choose a new name but you could have
Lucky or Phoenix (as in a new start out of the ashes)

Im so glad hes safe with you.

Ah, well done for rescuing him. I'm sure he will settle down with you and Steve pretty quick. I don't think Steve should be punished for being a lovely guy.;)

REW = Red eyed white

Pictures are uploading now :)

He is around 4 years old, but looks like an old man. He needs an old man type name. If we can't think of anything we may stick with Tinker like the character out of Lovejoy :)

Steve is currently having fun hutch smashing, although I don't think it will take much.:(

Back