• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just took Holly up the vets and they've kept her in

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry: she has been poorly for a few hours now, but I have got to the point where I am too tired to look after her, the vets said there is nothing wrong with her tum, it's her bladder they've just pumped her through with steroids and abx, got to ring at ten. :(

Thank you, her symptoms were just like stasis, off her food, bit listless, lying with her legs stretched out.

I thought it was just stasis, so have been keeping her warm and force feeding her every hour but at 4 o clock, I thought it was getting silly as she just hadn't improved at all (although she hadn't got any worse). I just thought the longer I left her I might pass the point of no return, so took her up st georges. The vet felt her belly and said it was fine, but there was "pressure in her bladder" think that is what he said I am so tired so could of misheard, but deffo something to do with her bladder. Her temperature was fine and he said she wasn't dehydrated, but have admitted her to take over her critical care and keep her under observation.

Poor Holly :( I hope she starts feeling better fast, and hopefully you can get a little rest knowing that your bun is in good care. It's so hard to not worry! Just try and keep busy and keep us posted!

Lots of vibes for Holly!

Thank you, you two, not seen the link will have a look later, I am shatterd going to race this morning, but think that it will take my mind off things :(

Thank you, she has had bladder problems before (I think anyway), I spoke to the vet and she's had some poo's he said as long as she eats by herself the prognosis will be good, but she is very lethargic, got to call back in a few hours.

Thank you, back from race with a sore foot :oops:.

She's ok, Bryn rang on the way back from the race, she has eat something, but they're too busy for us to go and see her, we have to call again at 4 :D

Back