• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just back from emergency vets

Checked Truffles wound tonight and it had opened up! :shock::shock:She has been bounding around all evening and infact since wednesday weeing and pooing as normal.

Phoned the vets and they said it should be ok. Nick had a good look later on and decided that he would give the vet another call. The vet said to come in. Not our normal vet mind.

So we have just got back now. Apparently the wound had opened up and it has scabbed over. It doesn't look infected and is a good colour. Vet gave Truffle a tummy massage too and had a good feel around the area and he said it was all good. He had a really good look at the open wound and assured us that it had scabbed over. he was all ready to super glue back up but said that it had healed naturally but looked awful because of the scab. He had given Truffle a course of anti-biotics which I know she will :love: but its better to be safe than sorry about infections she may have got. He said that the wound should now just heal over naturally and everything underneath feels fine. The stiches and everything underneath has healed. He was a really really nice vet and we were very grateful to him for putting two dads and a husbun at ease. Thanks mr lovely vet!

Got to go in for check up with normal vet next Thursday. All the details of tonight episode hopefully being faxed over.

That had happened to 1 of my bridge bun Goofball. When my bridge bun Goofball had her surgery, there was the stitched wound. Although it's internally stitched, I put a big patch of non-sterile pad on it. They are about 4 in. x 3 in.

I then put non-stick "green" painter tape around the pad, wrap around her fur on all for corners (cross diagonal). They are non stick, as long as you remove them once a day, it doesn't stick to her skin, not to mention I warp it around her fur.

The method works perfectly. The pad is so large, she can't dig thru the pad and touch the wound. And if 1 pad is not large enough, get a 2nd one. A big box of 100 is only like $15.

Now, supposedly, they said the wound needs to breathe, but it will still sealed w/ the pad and prevent you a case of infection.

Apparently there is no infection there. She has also been given a course of anti biotics.

I hope she will be fine. Just woken up. Going to the vets at midnight was very tiring.

She is still bouncing around being her normal self this morning. Has done lots of little excited binkis and is begging at the fridge door as per normal. :lol:

Vet said we should let it heal by 'secondary intention'.

Yeah hopefully!

It does look quite sore bless her btu she isn't fiddling with it or anything.

Just her normal self apart from freaked out whenever we go near her as she probably thinks she is going back to the vets again.

Goodness I am so worried about little truffle. I know vet said she will be fine and we really shouldn't worry but the scab looks so sore. Its about 1cm bless her. Plus she hasn't pood in the last 6 hours. I am probably freaking out as she has been eating but I am just worried about these few things...

a) the wound won't heal properly despite it being scabbed - it looks so big but vet said that there was no point in super glue as it had already healed over.
b) she hasn't pood for a bit but she keeps eating.

WHY DO I ALWAYS WORRY MY HEAD OFF ABOUT THE BUNS!!!:evil: Driving me insane.

I know how easy it is to worry! With Snowdrop being poorly at the minute I keep sticking food under her nose every hour and then panicking when she doesnt eat it! She is getting fed up with me!

I am sure if the vet said it is fine then it really will be ok! You can always go and see your regular vet tomorrow to double check.

As for not pooing, she is probably a bit stressed from the vets visit. Keep a close eye but if she is eating and fine in herself then im sure its nothing to worry about at the minute!

I know how easy it is to worry! With Snowdrop being poorly at the minute I keep sticking food under her nose every hour and then panicking when she doesnt eat it! She is getting fed up with me!

I am sure if the vet said it is fine then it really will be ok! You can always go and see your regular vet tomorrow to double check.

As for not pooing, she is probably a bit stressed from the vets visit. Keep a close eye but if she is eating and fine in herself then im sure its nothing to worry about at the minute!

Thanks for that! I hope you're little snowdrop is getting better. Sending lots of vibes.

I have spent all day worry about little Truffle. We haven't had her that long. We got her from a rescue but I feel at the moment we aren't being very good dad's. She is just so squirmish I rekon she popped the wound open herself. Feel like we should be doing something more for her and feel like we have been rubbish parents!:cry::cry::cry:

You havent been rubbish parents at all! At the end of the day she is a live animal and she is bound to move about so her wound could have opened at any point. You are very commited parents taking her to the vets at midnight to get it checked!

Snowdrop is doing ok thanks, she ate loads yesterday but is turning her nose up again today. Hoping its just because she is busy hopping about and she will eat at tea time.

They are so worrying aren't they! Hope Snowdrop eats for mum! Strawberry is such a stunner.

Truffle has just shown me her wound again! It looks so sore but it really doesn't seem to bother her. Its all scabby and horrid! :cry::cry: Bless my little girl...it was supposed to be simpler than this.

I wonder how long it will take to all look sorted again?

Im not sure, I have only ever had males neutered and they heal really quickly. Take her to the vets tomorrow if your not happy with how it looks but I wouldnt worry too much. Its obviously not causing her any problems.

Hmmm.... I am not sure. It may be that she needs a vets visit and a metaclop jab to get things moving, then again if its stress induced a vets visit wont be too helpful. You could try ringing the vets to see what they think.

Snowdrop has just eaten her tea and her poos are almost normal shape and size now!

she has been pooing fine right up until today. However, Bean hasn't pood either...:?:?:?:? Maybe its just not time for a poo yet. Will see how it goes.

She seems completely fine in herself. Ran for the pellets this morning as per normal and just scoffed lots of herbs. However, she or Bean haven't pood all day. Also worried sick about the scab under her. Wish it was all better for her. She just looks petrified. Nick just gave them their dinner and she is scoffing normally...

I take it this means she isn't going statis bound again from stress of being poked in her wound by a vet!!!:?:?

Ta for the vibes...means a lot. Having sat here all day thinking what if!

Back