• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just wondered ........

Stephy

Alpha Buck
.......... am considering taking my Emily, Billie & Lionel to a rescue lady I know to be bonded. She has bonded a couple of my buns in the past with her rescue buns and she does seem to have the 'knack'. I thought it may be an idea, as Emily is soooo territorial (first bun, quite dominant and it's HER house), and if she were to go somewhere completely different, even for a couple of days or so, it may do the trick. Billie is fine with Lionel but Emily just doesn't seem to accept him (see pic of Lionel on earlier thread :shock:)

Emily is the most confident of the bunnies here, as this house is all she's ever known, but she is the worst of them all at the vets.

Does anyone think this is worth a go?

Thanks v much. :)

That seems the best idea to have them bonded completely away from their usual territory....then it will give you time to make sure that their living quarters will be removed of all smells/signs of any of them.....so it would be as if their new territory would be neutral too.

If the lady you mention is experienced I'm sure she'll be happy to bond them.

Good luck

Look forward to seeing loved up piccies of the group once they;re bonded:D

It looks like Emily has caused a nasty wound to lionels ear. I would definately wait for that to heal before considering bonding them.

Was the wound inflicted when they met on neuteral territory?

That seems the best idea to have them bonded completely away from their usual territory....then it will give you time to make sure that their living quarters will be removed of all smells/signs of any of them.....so it would be as if their new territory would be neutral too.

If the lady you mention is experienced I'm sure she'll be happy to bond them.

Good luck

Look forward to seeing loved up piccies of the group once they;re bonded:D

Thanks - will let you know how I get on :?

Back