• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pig question (diet)

kerry-123

Mama Doe
Just wondering what you feed your piggies (not the specific food mix) just how often when to give veg ect ? Mine are on their mixed food Johnstones, unlimited hay, veg in the morning and night is this right??

My mums have Excel guinea pellets down all the time, a bowl of veg of an evening and hay all day as their cage is full of it :) xXx

All the ARC piggies get unlimited hay, a handful of timothy hay and readigrass alongside their veggies in the evening and they get a small amount of pellets to eat in the morning.

All the ARC piggies get unlimited hay, a handful of timothy hay and readigrass alongside their veggies in the evening and they get a small amount of pellets to eat in the morning.

Mine love the timothy hay really have to get more the only petshop that does it in my area are miles away and the car is broken right now :(

Mine has unlimited meadow hay and Excel nuggets everyday and a big bowl of veggies in the afternoon. Fruit 2x a week - small peices as it's high in sugar
Also unlimited grass everyday in her run which is attached to her hutch!:D

:wave:

Oh and p.s what you are feeding to your piggies is fine so nothing to worry about as long as they have got unlimted hay if they don't have access to the grass in the run

Last edited:
A large handul of hay for our two along with some Gerty Guinea pig food, (give them about the packet recommended amount for 1 but they never eat it all in 24 hours) and about a teacupful of veg, celery, spring greens, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprout, rocket (satsuma, tomato, apple and carrot occasionally) and they have my 4 year old son trained to bring them a dandelion leaf each when he's in the garden!! I tried to change them to pellets but they weren't having any of it. They are rather plump guinea pigs though.

Mine have pellets every other day (two handfuls each - they never finish it in 2 days :lol:) And loads of veg (I stagger it) And of course, unlimited hay :)

Back