• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think I should...?

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I don't know where to put this so I thought this may be the suitable place for this thread.

Anyway, do you think I should re-home another rabbit?

The reason I am asking is because I'm not sure, and for that reason is because I have considered and I would like to re-home another guinea-pig for my current sow as a companion. However my dad is worried that my doe will get jealous and may possibly feel lonely.

So what do you think its best, to re-home another buck for my doe to keep her in company so everyone is happy. As my guniea-pig and doe used to live together, but I am fortunate that they have not had any conflicts or serious injuries from fights, and this is probably because they've got a massive run and space so they are not always in each other's faces.

Right, money-wise it will not be a problem, and if I do adopt another bunny I will probably open a savings account for all of my pets and put in £10 or £15 every months so they are safe.

Now the only issue I have is accomodation. My dad refuses to let me buy my doe a 6ft hutch because he thinks there is no point. My dad especially does not think she needs a bigger hutch because she has a massive run, which we think is more important than the hutch as in the wild rabbits graze on grass for hours early in mornings and sleep in their burrows afterwards. However, I will understand fully if you disagree with me as I also do know that rabbits are active dusk and dawn.

My doe has an approximately 16ft x 8.6 ft run. She goes in and out as she pleases from her hutch. She only goes into the hutch at night times for her own safety. MY dad thinks it is not neccessary to buy her a new huctc since we all think the run size is more important than the hutch size.

So apart from the accomodation, everything else wil be fine. But I'm not sure if she will get lonely or not, or if she is better off to have another companion.

I just want what's best for her and her to be happy.

I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks

P.s here is my doe - Velvet!:love:
100_2811.jpg

100_2810.jpg

Last edited:
i think taking on another bun would be great, for you and for your doe ;)
Rabbits are meant to be in groups... they are very social animals :love:

But if you do get another bun then you need bigger hutch... im sure you could twist his arm and say... look we now have two buns they need more spacee!!!!
;)

Im sure your doe will be very thankful if you gether a friend:D
And she is gorgeous!!!! any buck would be dieing to meet her :love:

I think it would be beneficial to Velvet to have a companion :) how big is your current hutch?

I agree with you but I'm not sure how she would react if she meets another bunny as she can be quite stubborn at times, just like me!!!

She relies on me and my family for company which she does get all the times, but I go away to a boarding school for 5 days, but I always come home every single weekends and half-terms, and she goes mad when I come home, running round my legs, and licking me. However, my parent looks after her really well when I am at school.

So that is probably another good thing of getting another rabbit, so she won't get lonely for 5 days every week. As she is really close to me, only licks me and only lets me pick her up. She's bitten my parents but never bitten me!:D

Now pleaaaassee don't cringe, or be disappointed because she is well looked after, gets the correct diet, has toys, she has massive run attached to her hutch which she always goes into every-single day. She is living in a 4ft double storey hutch. Remember she is always out for 10-12 hours every day, and when I am home, I always put her on the balcony which is huge so she goes into a different surroundings and she is in company with me- which I am on right now with her running around me!!!!

See images:-
100_2817.jpg

100_2816.jpg

100_2815.jpg

Sorry if I got carried away with the photos, I just love posting them!!! And she loves posing!!:lol:

Remember she is happy, and she has all her basic needs in her hutch and she's still got room to lie down, and stretch I promise. She's got heaps of straw bedding, a hay rack full of meadow hay, dish of nuggets, water bottle, litter tray and her toy - edible log. She's only in the hutch for a rest and to be protected through-out the night. I am fully aware of the fact that any rabbit should have the minimum size of 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch but also with minimum of 3 hours in run. I provide her unlimited time of hours during the day for her to be in the run!!!

Sorry if I'm waffling....:oops:

Awww Lessie i am sure she would love a companion for when you are not around, i know she has your parents but it really doesn't compare to being able to talk to someone of your own species who will understand you! She looks really happy in all your pics i can see you look after her really well :love: :love: :love:

Back