• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting unwanted doe-excited :)-She's here!!!

Bellatrix18

Warren Scout
I saw an ad for a 'free to new home, children lost interest' doe :evil:. I have been searching for a bun freind for my buck as his wife has recently left us :cry: And I just couldn't leave her to go to someone elses child with the small hutch they are offering or as, god forbid, snake food like some free buns end up as... So I called the woman up asap. I just couldn't help myself! :roll:

The woman did mention that she had tried to breed from her too :( But despite being angry about the situation I am very excited!!! So... a beautiful brown and white lop, who I'm thinking of calling Bronwyn, will soon be hopping around my lawn!!!

Last edited:
Awww, well at least she will be getting a good home and a new bf:D Do you know how old she is? x x

It's good that she is coming to you. I tried to phone about an ad for various buns that were free but the lady I spoke to said that a man had come and taken the lot! It's even more worrying because we are aware of somebody offering to take any unwanted pets from chickens to dogs and everything in between!

It is being investigated but I wish people wouldn't offer them free, it is impossible to get there first all the time and who knows where they end up :censored:

its great you are giving her a home im ure you have considered the following but just to remind you ... costs... you will need to ay out neuter adn vaccs... plus any other issues.. .coco and arhtur are both free ad buns and both had dental problems from poor diet muscle wastage and overgrown claws i was lucky really as had considered all this before taking in as dentals are expensive around £80 a pop.... so bear in mind you may get problems you havent anticipated also many owners arent brillinat at sexing.. do check it out! there may be other problems disease snuffles pasturella.... mites etc so keep quarrintined for a few weeks and until all jabs done and get vet checked..best of luck tho hope bun not in too bad a way x

Thanks for all the replies :)

Just rung the owner to confirm everything for the last time and I'm picking her up on tuesday morning! :D :D She was born in June so is only 10 months :love:. In the pic I have seen of her she looks a tad bit skinny and nervous and is in a hutch with a very low roof :( but her eyes look bright not weepy and she looks quite alert at least (from what I can tell from the pic)... Just cant wait to get her home and into some proper accommodation. The owner seemed glad to be rid of her. I explained how she would be kept and asked if she wanted a photo or had any questions and she honestly wasnt bothered :?

Thanks bunlover for the info. I have considered that she might come with a whole bundle of health problems but I think i'll be even more relieved that I took her in if that is the case as she almost certainly wouldn't have found an owner who could/or wanted to look after her... I also have more than enough in my savings to cover all vet bills, vaccs and speying :D I also have a big fold away run that I can put in the garage that the little beauty will stay in till she gets the all clear for her health.

Have also been looking at sexing buns just to be on the safe side... very um... interesting photos lol

I will post happy pics when I get her rather than uploading the one with her looking sad and cramped
:) Ooh I can't wait!

Well she's here!!! She is an absolutely beautiful sooty fawn and white lop who is very skitty when being picked up but seems suprisingly confident and nosy for a bun who hasn't been handled. Kept hopping out of the carry cage on to my knee to say hello!

I've just put her in her quarentine run and she has started munching her hay down straight away and looks so happy to have so much space :D

She was being kept in a tiny guinea pig hutch less than a foot tall :evil: and the owners had a coati mundi living in their house!!! Im sure thats illegal. Not to mention 2 other buns in small hutches that I wanted to take home too and what I'm guessing was a hamster in a cage the size of an ice cream tub... Oh I dont understand people sometimes.

She doesn't feel or look pregnant thankfully and the owner said he hasn't put them together for months but I will keep a very close eye on her. Now she's off the the vets for a full MOT and her vaccinations. I'll post pics when she's settled a bit more :love:

Ok so I couldn't wait to show her off any longer :)

She has just had the all clear from the vets and her speying op booked... now she's enjoying her first ever free range time in my room. Then its back to her house to calm down... so much excitement in one day. Bless her...

So here's the gorgeous Bronwyn:

Piccys144.jpg

Piccys129.jpg

Piccys145.jpg

:love::love::love::love:

Thanks everyone! She really is a beauty :D

She is so calm and confident. She looked a nervous wreck taking her out of her old hutch but now she's here you wouldn't believe that they quote 'never really bothered with her'. She acts like she's been handled from day 1. I can tell she is such a strong, special little bunny already and she's only been in my life for a few hours
:love::love:

Back