• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do bunnies always get sick on a bank holiday/sunday????

ecudc

Warren Veteran
I came downstairs this morning to find that the bun who was with santa snowball who passed away two days ago & is now at mine to keep a close eye on was not eating! Thankfully after some meds she is now eating some grated carrot and spring greens but will still need a close eye during the day...but why do they always do this when you will need an emergency vet? Thankfully I think the stasis does not probably have the same underlying cause as santa but she's being treated with a full course of pancur just in case...which may be why she went into stasis as she hates it & wont take it off anything...so has to be syringed.

Last edited:
possibly although she has had stasis before. As they were a trio there is still another bun for company and to be honest they haven't seemed to miss him over the last day or so. She was very bright last night. I think possibly she just has a very sensitive tum and it's probably the new surroundings and general upset that have caused it, rather than anything more sinister.

i know what u mean, lilly was poorly and had to see emergency vet last easter... unfortunatly she didn't make it but they do pick their times!

vibes xx

I was thinking of starting a similar thread, but you beat me to it.

we are having quite a few problems here too :?

Hope your bunny is feeling better soon

hope yours are ok Hugho's there. She's eating now & was grabbing the water + meds I was syringing out of my hand :lol: Doesn't need to be syringed now, will just lap it up! She nearly ate the metacam bottle :shock: She not really moving around much so they neighbours probably think I'm very mean chasing a rabbit around the garden but I do want to get her moving again.

Oh no! Hope they are all feeling better soon! Fortunately Snowdrop is doing alot better, we saw the vet yesterday and she sent me home with enough medicines to last her till tuesday when we can go back.

Oh no! Hope they are all feeling better soon! Fortunately Snowdrop is doing alot better, we saw the vet yesterday and she sent me home with enough medicines to last her till tuesday when we can go back.

Great hope shes recovers fully soon :wave:

unfortunately we lost her this afternoon. She had made a good recovery yesterday & was eating & pooing when I went to bed. When I went to see her this morning she had obviously relapsed in a big way. We rushed her in and she was admitted to the vets, was put on a drip and given intensive nursing. Chloe went to see her this afternoon and she was in a bad way and it was very unlikely that she would pull through. As we had our suspicions that she might also have cancer of some sort because she had a very lumpy tummy when she first came in to us, but was too underweight to be spayed. This was her second episode of stasis in three weeks and it was quite obvious that something wasn't right with her and that if we kept her going she would possibly suffer in the long run so we decided to let her go. It's a very sad couple of weeks for Fat Fluffs.

Back