• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Shed / Bonding ... excited!

happypreso

Alpha Buck
right, finally convinced hubby that the two 'babies' buns (who are both blind in one eye) can not be re-homed and need to stay with us :D.

Also finally convinced hubby that a hutch is not big enough for the four of them (when they hopefully live together) so we are going to buy a wooden bike store to convert a little. We are both not very good with DIY so have decided to have some kind of 'shelving' inside (was thinking NIC cubes maybe?) and then a cat flap/hole with a run attached as well. The bun's would get free range of the garden during the day (as the two original bun's do now).

so, I know I need to get them all netured to ensure a good start to the bonding. The dad has already been done, the mum is booked in for next week. The 'baby' boy is going for his VHD jab next week and hopefully should be dropped so I can book him in (he wasn't when I took him for this mixi jab). The remaining girl I has to be around 6 months before she can be done.

So I have some 'time' on my hand before bonding and needing the shed and wondered what was best. Do I do the shed now, set it all up etc or wait until we are ready to bond them. Also do you 'set a date' for bonding? I can work out roughly when I can get the remaining girl neutered and then set a date, say 4 wks after that? (Does that sound okay?). Also I am assuming not to put any of the rabbits in the shed before bonding, is that right?

I am so excited, I really want to bond them now but I know I have to sort them out first. Just can't wait to see them all (hopefully) living together very happy in their new shed! :)

NIC Cubes?

Is that what they are called? been having a look around and can't find them! Can anyone help please?

thanks!

B&Q used to do the nic grids, but i'm not sure if they do them anymore. Screw fix do a similar kind but they are a bit more expensive. :)

Back