• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Warning - Do not try.....

Well.....I was expecting a gory pic of blood and wound to flash up when I read the story!

I feel cheated ;) lol

LOL sorry. I'm gonna rename him pirannha pig though. I was warned it would not be easy, as they have tried and failed before, but never say never so being daft I offered. They are both on neutral territory, one inside a small pet carrier(in the cage) other one outside it in the cage. Swapped them over today so each scent in each area. Plenty of bubbling and chattering going on, sniffing each other at the carrier door - thought o.k let's see what happens. Put some veg down, opened door slightly, one inside is really friendly, one outside literally flies at the carrier and attacks the other one, left it as long as I could until it grabbed hold of it's ear and started to shake it (thankfully no blood spared, other than mine). So back to stage 1 again. Might resort to mashed banana on the head in the morning - hmmmm

How much damage has it done?

I do know of a young person who got bitten so badly separating fighting gp's she ended up in Great Ormond street with damage to the tendon in her thumb.

So please be careful:shock:

Thanks, it's o.k, more bruised than anything else, just broke the skin at the side of my nail which bled like mad. Cleaned it up, antiseptic wash and cream and plaster. Have gloves on hand for tommorow, it's just harder to pick them up and get a good grip with them on. TBH I've bonded pigs before and have never had such a violent reaction so wasn't quite expecting that. I was suprised the pigs ear was still in tact, it was shaking it like mad.

I got bitten by one of our piggies when they had been having a scrap and I had to go down the Dr the next morning because my hand was swollen and I could barely move it!

They were looking up the right antibiotic on the comp going down the list so I ended up with a misc animal bite:lol:. Took a good few days before the antibiotic kicked in enough for me to drive so please please keep a close eye on it if it starts to feel hot or swollen!

You MUST see a doctor and get antibiotics. That is what I did when I got badly bitten by a bunny in a similar situation. Is your tetanus vaccination up to date?

Back