• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run - Do you know where to get them from?

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Sorry if I didn't make any sense. I've re-written it again as I am fully awake. I posted this really late last night.... Must be the drink I had:oops::lol:

Anyway basically what I am trying to ask is, where can I buy a metal rabbit/dog pen which is not in hexagonal shape. I want to buy a pen that can be fixed into straight line or any shapes not just in a hexagon shape which is what I've got at the moment.

I find it really frustrating that I can't make my panels into a straight line because the connection is diagonal.

Anyway I did find one on e-bay but it sold out.

If you still don't know what I mean, here is a picture of my run, it is not in a straight line its got 3 hexagon shapes connected together in order to make it bigger. (Sorry about our dogs and my brother, this was the only picture I could find)
Picture029.jpg

I would like to give my rabbit more space, but I don't want to waste the space in the garden by adding another hexagon shape, so instead I just want to add panels which can go into a striaght line - so like a rectangle really.

Hope this makes sense...:oops:

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean...but if you are having problems with a long line of straight panels falling over, then you might want to look for panels which connect by drop-pins (they look like long tent pegs) because you can hammer them down into the lawn and they stay in place.

I think Pets at Home do a drop-pin metal run, but the panels are only 2ft high. You can get taller versions on Ebay though.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean...but if you are having problems with a long line of straight panels falling over, then you might want to look for panels which connect by drop-pins (they look like long tent pegs) because you can hammer them down into the lawn and they stay in place.

I think Pets at Home do a drop-pin metal run, but the panels are only 2ft high. You can get taller versions on Ebay though.

Sorry I didn't make any sense, I thought I didn't aswell!!:lol: ANyway I've re-written it, so hopefully it makes sense.

Basically I just can't find any websites to buy these run/pen from!?

Hi, The Happy Hutch Company do these runs as I have one and it is great. Rather than joining each panel individually with a metal peg it comes already joined with 2 wire hinges attaching each panel to each other. It does go round in a complete circle so what I did was prize 2 of the hinges off on one of the panels so it no longer joined all round and then I had one long line of joined panels that I can make any shape with and put around different size hutches to suit my needs.

Go to the rabbit runs section of www.happyhutch.co.uk and the wire pen is on page 2 priced at £32.99!

Hope that all makes sense!

Bingo!!!

Hi, The Happy Hutch Company do these runs as I have one and it is great. Rather than joining each panel individually with a metal peg it comes already joined with 2 wire hinges attaching each panel to each other. It does go round in a complete circle so what I did was prize 2 of the hinges off on one of the panels so it no longer joined all round and then I had one long line of joined panels that I can make any shape with and put around different size hutches to suit my needs.

Go to the rabbit runs section of www.happyhutch.co.uk and the wire pen is on page 2 priced at £32.99!

Hope that all makes sense!

Hi there,

That is perfect - just what I was looking for, seriously is it me or the google search, I've been looking on the internet for hours for that particular run.......:oops::lol::lol:

I think that's great it's on offer as well!!!!

Thank- you so much!:D

Hi I use the hexagonal ones but use wooden stakes every few panels to make them more sturdy in a straight line

Hi I use the hexagonal ones but use wooden stakes every few panels to make them more sturdy in a straight line

Where did you get the wooden stakes from if you don't mind me asking you!?
Also were they really expensive!?

Back