• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

serious moulting!

MammaH

Alpha Buck
binx is a dwarf lop pure bred and is 8months old and has recently started to lose fur... hes been helping it by pulling it out but its starting to get thin on his back where he can reach with him mouth.
he hasnt been neutered yet so just wondering if its something to do with buck puberty??
hes a very patchy bunny his ear hair is slowly slowly slowly growing back from when he had his ordeal of breaking his leg at the vets and he's been pulling out his hair on his leg that was broken (maybe because its irritating him?) im taking him to be neutered at the end of april should i ask the vet?
is it normal.. sorry just a wee bit concerned fot my lovely binxyboo

Hi

Don't want to hijack this thread but didn't want to start another. My netherland dwarf has been moulting a lot over the last week. Today, however, her fur is coming out in lumps and where I have stroked her, it has left a bald streak down her back.

She's eating, drinking well and her waterworks and poo'ing are all fine. She's been binkying around in the garden this afternoon so there's no worries there.

I'm just worried about the amount of hair loss. No signs of mites or fungal and she's not been scratching. Skin is not flaky or inflamed at all either.

Do bunnies really moult this much ?????

This is sooooooooo normal :D:D:D:D my bun starts moulting this time every year!!! You only have to stroke him and your hand is full of fur!! You'll notice that the fur underneath is a lot shorter...ready for summer :):) they'll do it again before winter too :D

Yeah Gregory and Gretel are both terrible at the moment - there's fur floating around everywhere and I've pulled loads off the carpet! It will have speeded up this weekend with it being so warm! It's such a pain!

Crikey - I don't ever remember my previous buns moulting like this :shock:

There's stacks of it - my garden looks like there's been a massive fur fight !!!

Alfie's looking a real mess lately and he's got white patches all over, which looks really odd. :shock: :lol: Bubbles isn't moulting half as much but her winter coat didn't feel half as dense as Aflie's was, so I guess she has less to lose now.

Back