• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i leave them over nite together tonite?

danniwilliams80

Young Bun
Got my new bunny 4 days ago, today is day 5. They are getting on really well. Boosh, my boy bunny, as chilled out a bit on the humping now!, and Miss Bunny, his new lady friend, has been grooming him today! it's so lovely to watch. each day they have spent 15minute periods together, at least twice a day. today i have had them in a run inside for about 4 hours, and stayed in the room with them. There has been lots of running around, Boosh chasing Miss Bunny, but in between times there have been lots of long periods when they are doing their own thing, or both lying seperate, or Miss Bunny has been grooming Boosh.

Do you think that it would be alrite to leave them together tonite? :love: any advise gratefully received!

I would advise keeping them together, keeping separating them can just confuse them and just delays the bonding.

The humping is perfectly normal so there is no reason why they cannot stay together.

Ditto - Keep them together...Sounds like they are getting on fine. A pair of bonded rabbits musn;t be split up......you must make sure whenever they go to the vets etc that they go together.... I know it;s a military exercise:lol: But it's a very precious bond!

........By the way Audrey still tries humping Monty and they've been together 18 months now:lol:

Good luck
xxx

thank-you

Hi guys,
So glad i asked, i would have kept seperating them.
:D:love::
i think they are gunna be very happy together.
hadn't realised that about the vets either... so basically they go everywhere together now?

:wave:No problem!
yes they should go everywhere together, peas in a pod and all that!!!!!!

How did they get on last night? all ok I hope!

Hi guys,
So glad i asked, i would have kept seperating them.
:D:love::
i think they are gunna be very happy together.
hadn't realised that about the vets either... so basically they go everywhere together now?

Bunnies bonding,..... but what about me! lol

Yeah, they are still getting on great.:D... Boosh is leaving Miss Bunny alone most of the time, and she comes to him and grooms him. they lie together, eat together, and chase each other around. :D .... so glad i got bunny, i am afraid Boosh has been alone for the last couple of years, i have been very ignorant! but i am learning loads here, and takin all the advice on board :D

only trouble now is, as Miss Bunny is new to me, i want her to get use to me. Whenever i go to pet her, she is timid, but comes to me... but then Boosh jumps right in, tries to get my attention, and then if that doesnt work, starts humping her.... i am reluctant to take her out to play with her, as i don't want to split them up.... should i just be patient and wait for them to get to know each other first before i get involved? :shock:

If they were my bunnies my priority would be to have two content bonded bunnies, I would leave them to get used to each other until the end of the week and then start interacting with them. At the present time any interactions other than between themselves can result in them needing to rienstate their dominant behaviour

Ah, Thanks for the advise,
Thats what i was worried about, so i shall leave well alone :D
I am so happy they are getting on great, especially as this is my first time,... i have been very lucky... and i do not want to do anything to muck it up.
i will just keep my distance for now :love:

Im in the same situation! We got Snowdrop last sunday and bonded her straight away with Strawberry. The bonding went well and they make a lovely couple now. She has been poorly though and I have been having to syringe her meds twice a day which she hates! Im worried that she is going to hate me as I havent bonded with her and the only time she spends with me is negative as im syringing her!

it's hard, cause i have had Boosh from a young age, and cuddled him everyday and handled him loads when he was young, which i think is why he is so affectionate now:love:... i would love to have that relationship with Miss Bunny too, BUT i agree that i would rather see them as a happy couple, even if that means me not getting as close to her as i would like..... it's hard tho, i'm an overbearing mum :lol:and i wanna give her loads of cuddles! :love:

Hopefully once you have had her a while and she sees your old bunny having cuddles with you she will want the attention to. Once they are fully bonded I would spend some time every day just sitting in their run with them not giving either of them any attention just so that she gets used to you.

so glad they;re getting on ok!

You;ll be able to bond with them too soon enough!!!!

look forward to seeing piccies!!
xx

Piccies at last!!!

Bunnies033.jpg
[/IMG]

Bunnies035.jpg

Bunnies049.jpg

Bunnies051.jpg

Bunnies054.jpg

Bunnies056.jpg
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back