• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bird Eggs....

ALIVEEE!!!!!!!
We candled it then got my dad to do it, its alive!!!!!!!!!, and starting to crack:shock:
Thank you to the person who give me the candle link,
when the bird hatches we will feed it then give it to an rspcb or rspca:) x

it hasent hatched yet, but theres a slight crack down it, it wasent there before..:shock:
do you think i should give it in tomorow, if haches or not? will get pics though:)

Are you sure the "candeling" think you did hasnt caused it to crack? if it is what it sounds like (using a lit candle to warm it) then odds are the change in temperature has caused the egg to crack.

I have just found a link to it now. All it does is put light through the egg so that you can see whether there is anything inside. It does not help the egg to hatch at all.

As Jill has said, without the mother sat on it or it being in an incubator it will not hatch.

sorry but the egg is totally not going to hatch, even if it was taken from directly under the mother,it won't have been kept warm enough and been turned regularly.

unfortunately this could turn into another thread that needs an apology thread.:roll: x

sorry but the egg is totally not going to hatch, even if it was taken from directly under the mother,it won't have been kept warm enough and been turned regularly.

unfortunately this could turn into another thread that needs an apology thread.:roll: x

dont want to be synical but i agree with you.:roll:

Aw, I'd give them a ring if I were you. I think they'll probably say the egg won't hatch because of the temp and you don't want a wasted journey :(

I would phone them and ask their advice. They may well advise thowing it away..if so you could bury it in the garden perhaps?

Back