• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this just grass...?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
are these just part of the grass, like weeds of some sort? they werne't there when we moved in and now the grass has grown longer so have they!

Photo-0307.jpg

Photo-0308.jpg

They are some sort of flowering weed, but without a clearer picture it is hard to say which wild flower they are. See if you can get a better picture and perhaps people could identify it for you ?

Hard to be sure but looks like hoary bittercress to me: if so is edible (to humans anyway), with a strong cress flvour

i couldn't get any clearer pics than these! my stupid camera phone!

they're just round the edges of the grass.

i tried searching online but can't find what they are!

I have that too and wanted to know what it is. Its only in Alfies run though so I don't want to put him in there until I've either got it dug out or changed the grass just in case. (Don't worry he still gets a run as he's free ranging in the house awaiting warm weather!)

It's edible to humans. I don't know for sure whether rabbits can eat it. Mine seem to ignore it in the garden
Edit: I note that the name hoary has been changed to hairy: must be something to do with political correctness! :roll:

Last edited:
bisc and matt ignore it aswell when they are in the garden. so they're not interested in eating it anyway!

i will just keep pulling it up.

our garden is a right mess. the grass is nearly all gone and it's all trodden down and flat! :roll:

looking at other peoples gardens on pics, they always have nice lush long grass! so jealous! lol...

Mine don't eat it, but it's good for the tortoises. Pick it before it flowers to stop it spreading. If it goes to seed, they 'ping' and get spread everywhere, as soon as they are moved.

Mine don't eat it, but it's good for the tortoises. Pick it before it flowers to stop it spreading. If it goes to seed, they 'ping' and get spread everywhere, as soon as they are moved.

oops, below if flowers you say?!!! it's everywhere now! :lol: better get pulling it up asap!

Back