• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marbocyl? what is it?

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I thought peanut was perscribed baytril, but she did say he may need stronger antibiotics so she may have said baytril by accident, the vets is now closed and i cannot ring, but i have already given 0.9ml to peanut :?

what IS it? would it be the enxt thing to use if baytril didnt work?

as this is the case with him

My vet would prescribe 1.3 ml of Marbocyl daily for a bunny that size but that is MY VET, please do what your vet advises, I am sure it will be OK

My old vet used to prescribe Marbocyl all the time - it seemed to be his antibiotic of choice for small animals.

Marbocyl (active ingredient marbofloxacin) is a very similar drug to baytril - they are in the same family, the fluoroquinolone antibiotics. There are different strengths available. the most commonly used in small animals is a 20% solution and standard dose is 5-10mg/kg twice daily so 0.9ml is within the stadard dose range (IF it is 20% prescribed). It can be injected or the injectable solution is fine given by mouth (although not too tasty...)

No, you will be fine and so will Peanut!

i think its bcus many people dont know the names of the meds n stuff, so they dont bother saying the names etc, but when i got home i thought id poisioned him :lol:

i ran outside and my mum went 'sarah jane if we poisoned him he wouldnt be running round the run would he?'

i was like..he might! im so silly!

thanks snowy, put my mind at rest :)

Back