• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anthony hasn't eaten for over 48 hours/ Eating this morning

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We are getting really worried now :cry:

He had a routine dental on Thursday and didn't come round well from the GA. He has been up and about ok since Friday morning but will not eat anything. We are syringe feeding him but he really doesn't want it, we are lucky to get 5mls into him.

He has had metacam, zantac and fluids, and metaclopromide since Thursday.

He went back to the vets today, but they couldn't find anything obviously wrong. His teeth look fine and his mouth was never sore :?

Anthony is 5 1/2 years old and has never had a days illness until now and he is finding the whole thing very stressful. :(

Last edited:
poor boy is it his food that he doesnt want or everything?
Try a little soggy weetabix and some pineapple juice and keep persevering with syringe even if you ahve to do it every few hours. Is he pooping at all?

Oh no, poor Anthony! I was just about to check in stories and photos to see if you'd updated, was hoping he'd be better today and the vet visit would've helped.

Loads more vibes for him - hope he starts feeling better and eating again soon.

Nose rubs for the lovely boy.

he probably has liver damage from the anaesthetic - if you can get him to eat fresh dandelion leaves it will purify his liver, and might perk him up.

the vet can give him a vitamin B injection to stimulate his appetite too

he probably has liver damage from the anaesthetic - if you can get him to eat fresh dandelion leaves it will purify his liver, and might perk him up.

the vet can give him a vitamin B injection to stimulate his appetite too

I was concerned that the GA might have caused damaged to an organ :? Will get him blood tested on Tuesday if he isn't 100% by then.

will go in search of dandelions :)

I hope he shows improvement soon.

Why do they always choose the holidays to get ill! They are so awkward aren't they :p

Keep us updated.

x

Oh Liz I am sorry that he has not picked up as yet.

If this was his first Dental do you think he could have some tooth nerve pain?
Some of my Buns can be very 'tender' in their mouths after a Dental even if there was no soft tissue damage from spurs.

Poor lad :cry: Sending lots of vibes for him

xx

Oh Liz I am sorry that he has not picked up as yet.

If this was his first Dental do you think he could have some tooth nerve pain?
Some of my Buns can be very 'tender' in their mouths after a Dental even if there was no soft tissue damage from spurs.

Poor lad :cry: Sending lots of vibes for him

xx

I guess it is possible, although his teeth weren't really that bad :? He has had metacam injections Thursday and today and oral metacam inbetween.

There was me so worried about Moses and Emmy-Lou when they had theirs and they were fine, I thought Anthony would be straight forward and look whats happened. Shows what I know!

Thank you for the vibes everyone:)

Anthony is still no better today :( And as you can imagine after so long with out proper food is now starting to deteriorate in himself.

I am at a loss as to what to do for him :(

Oh Liz poor Anthony, I'm sorry he's still no better :cry: Have tried him a little bit of banana or corriander? For some reasons these are what seem to tempt our buns the most when they've had dentals:?

Lots & lots of vibes for your wee man & hoping he's back to his normal self in no time, sending hugs for you too xxx

Oh dear :cry:

Is he on any meds at all ?

I'm giving him oral Metacam, zantac and fluids which he has had since Thursday night. He had metaclopromide injection and metacam injection yesterday :?

we have tried recovery foods, baby food, he doesn't even want to swallow it. Have tried him with about 5 or 6 different veg, 3 different dried food and anything we can find edible in the garden :cry:

Back