• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

swamp-rabbit

Young Bun
anyone recommend rabbit insurance companies? i have managed to find 2 : petlog and helpucover,
cant seem to find any other places that insure rabbits!

i personally, put money aside for vets , as insurance wont cover exsisting problems. phoebe had to be free of gut stasis for 18 month before theyd consider including it in the insurance for him

i personally, put money aside for vets , as insurance wont cover exsisting problems. phoebe had to be free of gut stasis for 18 month before theyd consider including it in the insurance for him

thats a good idea, i could just put the same amount away each month as the insurance would charge me.....

Well if you take out insurance now it won't cover him for any conditions he's had in the past.

It will cover you for new conditions though and the problem with just putting money aside is that it could run out very quickly if he needs an expensive or recurring treatment.

The two I know of are Petplan and Exotics Direct.

Well if you take out insurance now it won't cover him for any conditions he's had in the past.

It will cover you for new conditions though and the problem with just putting money aside is that it could run out very quickly if he needs an expensive or recurring treatment.

The two I know of are Petplan and Exotics Direct.

good point! think i will try and do both then!!!

Ditto. Considering I can't insure one dog because of her breed, I have been quoted well over £40 a month for the other dog and add the bunnies on top of that, I may as well flush the better part of £70 a month down the toilet. And the between £40 and £70 excess you have to pay before they chip in any money at all is just another kick in the chuff. I've heard one story too many about them wriggling out of paying on some loophole as well. I have a contingency fund for the furries.

Back