• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny asleep in water bowl

you could give him a bottle :lol: I've only known one bun to actually stand in water, most of mine go nuts if they tread in the water bowl and flick their feet around.

they had a bottle before but didnt really use it and it dripped on the carpet. sorrel hates water but apache loves it, if i'm pouring water into the bowl he will stick his head under on purpose and leave it there! Guinness used to enjoy standing in a tray of water too :roll:

bella loves water too :roll:
she flopped out in a litter tray i'd left outside once which was full of rain water :shock::lol:

however doesn't like being towel dried!!!

I'm not really sure whether to lie over something relieves the pain because obviouslt his body is elevated at the front or it's to brings my attention to it:shock:, I really don't know, but as soon as I see it then we start treatment and get him through it

My Douglas sometimes lays down with his head over the bowl, makes him look like he's had too much to drink and feels sick! I think he likes to guard it for some reason

I also know of a bun who does this when ill, or rather did this when ill because he died shortly after. It might be that the bun has a temp and uses the water to cool down in these instances.

It could be nothing though because I had a bun who like to 'swim' when he was younger.

I would keep and eye on the bun but hopefully it's nothing major.

Back