• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowdrop is eating again- update, been to vets this morning

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
We have let Strawberry and Snowdrop out in the dining room and kitchen for a run tonight and she has been hopping about exploring.

She has also eaten some A&P pellets, hay and some carrot! So pleased we dont need to syringe feed her as we didnt want to stress her out anymore than she already is. She has also done quite a few poos and they are looking much more normal size and shape now!

Fingers crossed she continues to improve now, she is going back to the vets tomorrow at 10.30am

Last edited:
That's fantastic news!! I hope Snowdrop makes a full recovery as quick as possible! :love:

I hope Strawberry is being a good bun boyfriend too! :)

He spends most of the time ignoring her to be honest! But we let them out in the kitchen with we havent had time to neutralise yet so were posed ready incase there were any disagreements but it didnt bother him in the slightest. He just got on with running and playing as normal and ignored her as she explored.

The steroid will have stimulated her appetite aswell as acted as an anti-inflammatory.
Whilst its great that she is eating again personally I feel that the steroid is just dealing with a symptom and not the problem because as yet the problem remains unknown.
If she were mine I would be wanting to try to identify and treat the problem rather than just mask the symptoms.
Sorry to appear to be putting a downer on this and I do hope that the Vets appointment today goes well :)

xx

I will check with the vet today to see whether it was the steroid she had or whether it was metacam and she typed her notes wrong. She definately said metacam and metaclop to me. She has eaten some pellets this morning and a little bit of veg and i saw her munching hay at about 3am when I put some fresh in.

Any advice Jane as to what I need to say at the vets today? My only experience with a poorly rabbit is Graham who we lost.

We have been back to the vets again this morning. She has had another metaclop injection and I have some in tablet form to give her tomorrow and monday. She did have Colvasine yesterday and the vet says its fine to start giving metacam from tonight as it will only take 24 hours to get out of her system. She also needs septrin and antepsin. Luckily todays was the cheapest vets bill I have ever had; £1.66! Only had to pay for the two tablets, and she only needs 1/8 of a tablet twice a day!

The vet isnt sure at the minute whether its stress relates stasis or whether something has being going on internally for a while and the stress has brought it to a head. She has to go back on Tuesday and review things then. They will then start doing some tests if things still arent right. Her tummy felt normal today with no signs of any obstruction.

Back