• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeek!

Rachie

Mama Doe
I picked my bun up for a cuddle - he doesn't seem to mind being picked up most of the time but he really wiggled and jumped out of my arms :( he landed what looked like on his back, he seems fine, is running around and quite happily wolfed down some pellets. Should I take him to the vet tomorrow anyway to get checked over just in case? :shock: I'm terrified he's really hurt himself and I can't tell

Also, is it best for me to just not pick him up at all? Like I said, he usually doesn't mind it but he gets wiggly on the odd occassion :( I feel really guilty :(

Zebedee my bun went for a bit of a dive on sunday and landed on his back, horrible isn't it.
Zeb was fine in himself afterwards but when i looked in his mouth he'd split his lip and was bleeding so give him a real check over and make sure there is nothing visible wrong, but if it will give you piece of mind then take him tomorrow :)

Thanks for the reply - I thought of your post which made me check his mouth, he seems fine, just really worried that he might have damaged his teeth (although like I said, he wolfed down some pellets and has had some hay) or something else that I can't see :(

I wouldn't have thought he'd eat so much if he'd hurt his teeth.
Before i saw Zeb had hurt his mouth i was going to take him the following night anyway just to check because im such a worrier with him, but i only took him sooner because of his mouth
If it'll rest your mind take him in the morning :)

Keep a close eye on him but if there are no symptoms at all I wouldn't think a trip to the vets is necesary. If he was in pain you would be able to tell as he would be more subdued.

Back