• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain+bunnies=FUN????

Marreline

Warren Scout
Do your bunnies go out in the rain? Mine have been free ranging for the last few weeks, but only a couple of hours a day as I have to be out with them to keep them safe. They've never been out in the rain as we have been lucky enough to get a clear couple of hours every day since march but today it looks like it will never stop. It should be free range time now and the bunnies are, of course, at the front of the run (covered) waiting for the door to open to FREEDOM! But it's so wet and dribbly!! So, shall I let them brave it? Sure the rain can do them no harm but catching Dumpling to dry her off could be a problem - would this be necessary, or can they drip dry? Sure I must sound like a right dimwit!! :oops:

Mine have been out all day and its been raining on and off. They were pretty dry earlier, despite their feet being filthy. I'll just rub them down with a towel before they go to bed! If its really pouring you might find they just come out and go back in again, but if they get really wet you will to dry them off to prevent them from getting cold.

I'm always over cautious and never let mine out in the rain. Everywhere they go is rain proof.

My pair hate being locked up, whatever the weather. They would face a tropical storm if they wanted! My singleton bun hates wind, cold, rain... he's a big pussy :lol:

Well i take it my buns dont like rain either :lol:
They were out this morning in the lovely weather and went in when it went cold and wet.
But they are playing in their hutch and have the option to come out if they want :) :wave:

Cookie loves the rain, snow and sun. Many times I've had to shoo him out puddles - he flops in them :roll: The only weather Sooty likes is the sun. I can't dry Cookie off because he won't stay still long enough.

Right...I'm putting on the wellies and waterproofs and I'm off out to see if Stew and Dumpling are Rain Lovers. See you later...I'll be a little wetter no doubt!! xxx

:lol::lol: Mine loves the rain! But she hates it when it's windy!!!! That's the only time she refuses to come out!!!!

Of course when there is hale or heavy rain, she goes in most of the times, but I always dry her with her towels, which she looks different afterwards!!! :lol:

Ozzy didn't mind the rain at all but Spice soon hopped in :D They have the back door open so they can come and go as they please. Heres some pics of the state Ozzy came back in with haha soaked on the outside (but still dry underneath when i felt him, good waterproof bunny!!) lol it took him a good hour of grooming to dry himself haha :lol:

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

(evil wet Ozzy haha)

Angel loves sitting in the dampest corner of her run:D We cover the top with a tarpaulin but she insists in sitting where the rain can get in!

Back