• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay rabbit - urgent

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Rabbit and hutch listed on Ebay in Nottinghamshire. Are there any rescues nearby who could help? Ebay item no. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
you can report this to ebay and they will take the add off thats all you can do really unless any rescues on here can help

teresa

you can report this to ebay and they will take the add off thats all you can do really unless any rescues on here can help

teresa

I tried to report it but you have to pick from certain categories and nothing seemed to fit. Unless I just pick anything and then type in my message to ebay anyway.

For a number of reasons people who find ebay rabbits are asked to follow the rules of the forum about any rabbits which are advertised on ebay, freecycle or any other freead means. This is the link http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=128046 this helps ensure that good advise is given to the owner about rehoming their rabbit. If the rabbit is considered at risk Liz will contact rescues in the area to assist the owner, if it is not at risk they will be advised on other options on what they can do to safely rehome their rabbit.

I tried to report it but you have to pick from certain categories and nothing seemed to fit. Unless I just pick anything and then type in my message to ebay anyway.

It doesnt mater which category you use, as long as you give adequate informtion in the message to them.

Its only down the road from me!

Like I said you have to email Hugo's there. We are not allowed to discuss things like this on the forum for a variety of reasons. I will send the seller a messag offering some advice about rescues incase the listing has gone before Hugos there gets to it. More than likely ebay will remove it soon, they are not allowed to sell livestock on their site.

you click on prohibted items then other prohibited items the give a reason ie that they are givin away a rabbit with a hutch

teresa

It has to be reported before it gets removed and in the drop downs, there is no longer a section for live animals :?

If you report it before anyone is able to give info, it will be removed and cannot be followed up

Just reported to ebay. Not sure what will happen as I couldn't find the appropriate title but hopefully they will just go to the item number.

Just reported to ebay. Not sure what will happen as I couldn't find the appropriate title but hopefully they will just go to the item number.

Before you report it, it would've been helpful to give the owner some info on rescues, as once reported and removed, no one can contact about it.

OH NO! I bet thats why he has made it a 1 day listing, so that it might 'slip through ebay's net'.

Before you report it, it would've been helpful to give the owner some info on rescues, as once reported and removed, no one can contact about it.

No probs. I still have their contact details so if anyone has any suggestions for local rescues fire away otherwise I'll do a bit of research myself

It has been reported to me and I have contacted the owners, please do not inundate them with advice as this may alienate them and prevent them from getting in touch with me to help this bunny.

Please do not list the item number when asking about ebay buns it means that it gets reported straight away by other members and by the time I have seen the pm it has been removed and there is nothing i can do :(

It now seems that these sellers have now been reported numerous times and been inundated with advice. This is so frustrating as it means the owners are far less likely to take up any offers of help now.

Please, please if you see and advert on ebay or free ads please do not post on here about it, pm me and hopefully I can work with the sellers and help the poor bunnies

It has been reported to me and I have contacted the owners, please do not inundate them with advice as this may alienate them and prevent them from getting in touch with me to help this bunny.

Please do not list the item number when asking about ebay buns it means that it gets reported straight away by other members and by the time I have seen the pm it has been removed and there is nothing i can do :(

Was just about to contact them as I didn't know you were around. I won't bother as I'm sure your advce is better than any I could give

Back