• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate - What Have You Done - Please Tell MMC

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys.

I am trying to record all of the good stuff that folks have been doing to raise awareness for the Make Mine Chocolate campaign.

I have read a number of posts on different threads about how people have made a difference; some in newspapers, some schools giving out leaflets to pupils, some people offering to wander round town centres in bunny outfits :shock:.

But, MMC would like to have an official record of the efforts made, I'd like your help please to compile names and details of how you've done something special.

I know Julie (devoted to buns) has got a fantastic spread in her local paper, and I have read others but can't seem to find them again.

Can you add your info on here?

Please give your real name (if you want to), your event/deed, any schools or organisation that have done something, any papers that have written useful articles etc. You get the idea.

If you have any photos then please can you e-mail them to me at helen@makeminechocolate.co.uk

Thanks to everyone that is supporting MMC.:D

Helen

My RSPCA (RSPCA Ipswich) asked me to put up displays in their charity shops and clinic (so in total I did three displays). I used the posters and leaflets and then added my own rabbit facts to make it into a proper display type thing (I couldn't hlep it, I used to be a teacher).

Two are on walls and one is in a shop window, but all were very eye catching, especially compared to the surrounding 'displays'.

I'm happy to e-mail you the pictures of the displays.

Oh, and my name is Tracy :)

My Vets - Park Veterinary Centre in Watford put up posters in their practice and their seperate Clinic. Divine Savior School Abbots Langley put up posters for me. I put a poster in my car window, house window and have worn my badge with pride!

I took a poster to my vets and they put it up... I also emailed the local newspaper but they never replied or anything :(

Oh and my name is Sarah Green and the poster I put up is at the hillcrest vetinary hospital in Plympton Plymouth

hope that helps

also I emailed the evening herald but didnt get anywhere :(

Not as good as the others I'm afraid, just worn the T'shirt and the badge and 'ear bent' anyone who would let me.:D

your logo is on our easter egg hunt posters & we have a piece in the local paper coming out about the hunt & also hopefully a bit about how too many easter bunnies end up in rescue, it probably wont specifically mention mmc as I don't think they are giving us a massive spread but if people come along to the hunt they will see the posters.

We had an Easter fundraiser for BARC . took along a cute baby bunny and plastered his crate with the posters from the mmc site ... explained to the people who stopped to awww at the baby about why so many buns end up in rescue ... especialy impulse buying ..
handed out leaflets from rwa.

Angie Bell and Tracey Lee
BARC
(Barnsley animal rescue charity )

I was interviewed on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire this morning (Good Friday) a good long interview with two of my rabbits in the studio.

My help came about in a roundabout way :oops:. I showed my Vet the leaflets as it contains pictures on the inside of my buns that he treats. As a result the leaflets are now on display in the Vets :D

I sent a poster of each design and the MMC info pack to two of my vets although I don't know if they decided to display them. I also visited my local vet with the posters and pack and asked if they would display them and explained what they were for, they were going to check with the practice manager though before displaying them :roll:

My work colleague (together we are the Rabbit Police!) wrote to the Leicester Mercury using part of the MMC template letter and it was printed:
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Sweeter-option/article-867477-detail/article.html

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall over here. Our RSPCA (yes you read that right) is running 'Adopt a Bunny' for Easter!!!! It was in the paper this morning.

:? :censored:

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall over here. Our RSPCA (yes you read that right) is running 'Adopt a Bunny' for Easter!!!! It was in the paper this morning.

Oh my god - how irresponsible can you get!!! You'd have thought they'd be trying to discourage people from doing this 'on impulse' for easter. I guess they just thought they might get some genuine people to adopt.

I sent a poster of each design and the MMC info pack to two of my vets although I don't know if they decided to display them. I also visited my local vet with the posters and pack and asked if they would display them and explained what they were for, they were going to check with the practice manager though before displaying them :roll:

My work colleague (together we are the Rabbit Police!) wrote to the Leicester Mercury using part of the MMC template letter and it was printed:
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Sweeter-option/article-867477-detail/article.html

That's great. Are you Julie then (bottom of article)? i'd like to be able to credit people for their good deeds in despatchs.:D

Well this hardly fits with the fact that the RSPCA in the UK and other animal charities are actually supporting the campaign really does it, although I am sure that they would argue that they would 'check' potential new owners.

Any chance you could photograph the article and either post it on here or e-mail it to me at helen@makeminechocolate.co.uk

I'd really appreciate it.

Any chance of having some details - like which nursery and which school? Not a problem if you'd rather not.

Thank you.

Helen :D

no problem :) Adswood Nursery and Adswood Primary in Stockport (the head of the primary is fantastic and open to helping out with so many things!!)
sadly i didnt get chance to ask my daughters school as she goes by transport... but i will next year :)

Back