• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanuts Results...

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
we still havent had them back! He went on thursday, as in LAST thursday, so now its been eight days.

Hes foot seemed to get better, hard skin, no puss, we was happy and then today there is dried puss all over his fur and its all inflammed and sore, and very pussy.

Going to take him to the vet tomorrow anyway even if the results arent back yet. poor man. i feel so bad for him.

theden009.jpg

hard to see as i couldnt pull the fur away as i was holding him and a camera!

hes not happy :(

just cleaned it and when i did LOADS of pure white puss came out it was disgusting. i was gently bathing it with hibiscrub and thats what happened.

he grunted at me and tried to bite so it definatly hurt him.

will insist on some pain relief tomorrow for him.

phoning up in a bit,im so worried. going to ask for an appointment too, hes so not happy this morning, hes all hunched up with his eyes closed. when i offer him food he literally gobbles it down withina second, so its not stasis.

but he is so obviously in pain, so im getting him down there asap.

there are two different types of fluid inside his leg.

she said there isnt much left to try but, he is now on 0.9mls of baytril once a day, 0.4 mls of metacam a day, and fudicerm cream.

The infection should go, we know this will happen (bcus it goes and then comes back). and then once its gone he is going under, they are going to remove the pouch where the infection sits, and close up all the little pockets where it creeps in to.

Then, we wait. If it comes back, because the pouch isnt there, it will go all around his leg and into the bone, so he will be put to sleep. :cry:

If it doesnt, then hopefully thats it done, finished. it could come back at a later time, and if it ever comes back at any life stage, he willbe put to sleep as there will be nothing they can do.

they need the infection to be gone temporarily for them to remove the pouch as if its not, it will leak everywhere and infect other places.

my poor boy. its now a question of waiting.

there are two different types of fluid inside his leg.

she said there isnt much left to try but, he is now on 0.9mls of baytril once a day, 0.4 mls of metacam a day, and fudicerm cream.

The infection should go, we know this will happen (bcus it goes and then comes back). and then once its gone he is going under, they are going to remove the pouch where the infection sits, and close up all the little pockets where it creeps in to.

Then, we wait. If it comes back, because the pouch isnt there, it will go all around his leg and into the bone, so he will be put to sleep. :cry:

If it doesnt, then hopefully thats it done, finished. it could come back at a later time, and if it ever comes back at any life stage, he willbe put to sleep as there will be nothing they can do.

they need the infection to be gone temporarily for them to remove the pouch as if its not, it will leak everywhere and infect other places.

my poor boy. its now a question of waiting.

Poor peanut! i hope it clears up!
Sending lots of vibes xxxxx

i dont know, but im reading the leaflet that was in his bg of meds and it says INJECTION 200mg.

ive given it orally as it says to on the bottle?!

im really worried. no one is answering at the vets

Back