• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent: Please help, need advice

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
I've just had Dude in the vets earlier this week as he hasn't seemed to be eating (although I can't be 100% sure as he's bonded to Poppy). Vet said his tummy was quite empty and a little gassy but nothing to be hugely concerned about. They fed him and said overnight he ate everything and pooed solid poos so they were happy for me to come and get him. They also said his teeth were in perfect condition.

Since he's been back, he's not eaten in front of me or drunk.

A few weeks ago, Angel (my other bun) got into Dude and Poppy's side of the shed by accident and there was a bit of a scuffle. Poppy got two bite/claw wounds but Dude got away unscathed.

I think he's not eaten as he's stressed, as he spends a lot of time trying to see into the other side of the shed and they can obviously hear Angel moving around.

Poppy seems 100% fine, eating and drinking etc. Dude is still buzzing and trying to hump Poppy :)roll:) and he's moving around totally fine, it's just his eating that i'm really really worried about.

I don't know what to do for the best.

Please can someone give me some advice as I'm so stressed about this and only want what's best for my bunnies.

I have thought about getting some Bachs herbal flower stuff to calm Dude down, but don't know what i'm looking for or how to give it.

I just really need someone to help me :cry::cry:

Hi Jane - was hoping you'd be along! :)

I've currently got Dude and Poppy in one half and Angel in the other half of a 10x8 shed. I've then got Blake in a 6ft Happy Hutch in the garage, waiting to be bonded (hopefully) to Angel on May 2nd.

The only other hutch i've got is an emergency 4ft single one.

OH said to put Dude and Poppy in the Happy Hutch in the garage, so they're totally away from Angel and I can keep a better eye on them both. But I don't want to put Blake in their side of the shed, as he's supposed to be kept away from Angel (their first attempt at bonding didn't go well so I've been keeping them away from each other until May.

That would mean that Blake has to go in the tiny 4ft hutch, which I really don't want to do. I've got a dog crate and a play pen so am thinking about what I can do to make his temporary living arrangement bigger.

We have cats so I can't put him in crate with play pen attached, as 1) he could jump out and 2) the cats could get in.

Argh. so stressed out with it. I bought a £500 shed thinking it would make the bunnies happy, but it's totally backfired.
:cry::cry:

Back