• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hammy pics (what breed) more pics pg2

sazzy

Warren Veteran
Can anyone tell me what breed delilah is please

misc060409089.jpg

misc060409088.jpg

misc060409086.jpg

misc060409085.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a bit like a roborovski or a chinese or could even be a russian! Does your gorgeous hami have a little tail or a longish one? and roughly how big against your hand is she?

:love::love:

I think it looks more like the russian kinds. Winterwhite or Campbell, I can't tell the difference. Definitely not a robo though, and Chinese have longer tails.

Hi she's neither of them as i have 9 robo's and a chinese and she looks nothing like them :?

Not sure on the tail she doesn't sit still long enough :lol:

I think it looks more like the russian kinds. Winterwhite or Campbell, I can't tell the difference. Definitely not a robo though, and Chinese have longer tails.

I was thinking russian type as the boy samson i think is a winterwhite but he looks different to her and i don't think there related

Hi she's neither of them as i have 9 robo's and a chinese and she looks nothing like them :?

Not sure on the tail she doesn't sit still long enough :lol:

Must be a russian Dwarf then :D Ive had one and they are slightly smaller than a syrian but bigger then a Robo or chinese :)

Went to the pet website and checked out the pictures there and colorwise at least it looks like an aguti-colored Campbell dwarf hamster.
Pictures can be seen here:
Campbell
Winterwhite
Russian dwarf is a nickname for both these species since they look so alike, many can't tell them apart (like me:roll:)

she is the same size as my chinese lily and a lots smaller than my syrian stinkey and smaller than the boy that i got with her :?

Hi Sally, I don't know a lot about hamsters, but she is very pretty, is this one you rescued:D

Hi sue yes i got her off gumtree along with a boy hammy

I will try and get some pics of the boy samson but he don't come out very often i'm sure he's a winterwhite

got some pics of the boy samson and a couple more of delilah just going up load them bear with me

Are they cambells dwarfs?

Just thought, they are the really small ones aint they?
Oh I dont know :lol:

They are gorgeoussss :love:

She could be a cross she looks like she has a dwarf breed in her though x

If she was a cross she would have to be Winterwhite X Campbell because those are the only types of hamsters that CAN be crossbreed.
They're not really even breeds, as with rabbits were the all descend from the same European wild rabbits, domestic hamsters are 5 different species from 5 different areas.
There's the Syrian Hamsters from Syria
Chinese hamsters from China obviously.
Campbell dwarf hamsters from Russia
Winter white dwarf hamsters also from Russia (also called Siberian)
Roborowski dwarves from Mongolia

Of these only the russians can interbreed because they are close relatives, but its not recommended to mix them as it can bring over diseases from one species to another and cause fertility problems with the offspring.

Back