• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know what to do? Suggestions please!

Toadie

Alpha Buck
My H and I have an important wedding to go to at the end of June, one which involves a nights stay. We should be back around lunch time the next day. However the problem is all our 'bunny sitting' friends are going too, and I don't really know or trust anyone else to ask to bunny sit. Neither me or my H drives so having Frodo 'bunny boarded' for the night is out of the question. H thinks Frodo will be fine for the one night if we just leave him with lots and lots of fresh water and hay. I am not comfortable with this idea.
Anyone got any suggestions?:wave:

Hi, I had this dilemma a short while ago. We had to leave our bunnies overnight which I was worried about. We fed them a little later in the morning and gave them extra pellets, hay and fresh food and made sure all their water bottles were full and fresh, as they would be missing their evening feed. We then gave them their next mornings feed a little later as soon as we returned. They were all fine and although it is not ideal, as we know they are well fed anyway we were happy that they wouldn't go hungry and it was a one off situation and not a regualr occurence :wave:

where abouts are you? some boarders may come and collect if its not too far, even if they dont advertise it.

we dont advertise it but we do if people are desperate, we just dont advertise it bcus then you can get some people ask even if they drive lol!

where abouts r u?. im sure theres someone in your area?

chances are, he would be fine. but if he became ill, stasis etc, then it wouldnt be good leaving him alone.

xxx

I'd contact your Vet Surgery. Often the Vet Nurses will do Pet Sitting.
Personally I could never leave Rabbits unattended overnight even as a 'one off'.

I leave my buns overnight and it's never gone wrong. Fortunately we have lovely neighbours who pop in to have a quick check and use the bunnies as their personal waste disposal system (only healthy snacks) so great all round. Have yo ugot neighbours who could do this?

whereabouts are you? and what time are you setting off on the first day?

I have left my bunnies overnight before (leaving late evening and arriving back the next morning) as I can easily sleep that long on a weekend :oops: so it's not much different. would be reluctant to leave them for longer though.

I've left mine once or twice, but usually used to get next door's girl to pop in and feed them and check the water levels were ok.

Mine have always been fine, but as others have said, call your vets and see if they have anyone who could pop in.

:shock: I would say deffinatley not to leave them over night. I am getting married 23rd of may and am litraley two mins down the road from my house however obviously i will be rather busy on the day and as much as i want to come home between the wedding and reception i don't think i would have time or be dressed for seeing to bunnies :oops:

Now like i say i am leaving from my house and the wedding is not till 1.15pm and then i will not be home untill 11am -12pm the following day. My biggest concern would be the weather what if it is a lovely hot sunny day [bunnys overheat] or god forbid it rains and i have put them in there run.

Bunnies can get sick quick so i would say get a neighbour to check on them or speak to your vet for suggestions. Mine are either going to boarding or if my neighbour is comfortable handling the bunnies they are going to watch them for us.

Hope you get something sorted for them. I am dreading leaving my two boys i worry so much about them and they are very pampered so i like to think where ever i end up having my two they get lots of cuddles :love:

hi whereabouts are you in worcestershire? We are near Evesham? We could possibly help for the night? If you wouldnt mind them coming to our house?

Back