• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dum dum dum, bonding day........

matjoliver

Warren Scout
Well, the day is finally here - we're going to start bonding Daisy (our recent rescued bun) with Gizmo and Marley.

They've been living opposite each other for a couple of weeks while Daisy has antibiotics for a urinary infection which is now all cleared up. They spent yesterday and last night in the garage (neutral area) with a fenced barrier between then and all seemed ok, so we've had a good clean up and disinfect/vinegar of the garage and have opened them up.

So far there's been a bit of nipping, chasing but nothing too unusual. pretty much ignored each other for the first 5 minutes!!. Anyway, here's to a day sat in the garage..... :D

n698257159_2439461_7792130.jpg

n698257159_2439483_6861698.jpg

Oh off subject, also just want to say a big thanks to everyone who gave advice on the passing of Wolfie and the rescue of Daisy. Has been v. helpful :thumb:

Looks like all is well in the bonding pen :D
Im bonding my 2 boys (brothers) and so far all is well. Must be bonding season :lol: as alot of people have been bonding this week :)

Well, just thought I'd post an update - it's been about 6 hours now and nothing overly exciting yet - no really any fighting :thumb: , no real grooming either, although marley has given Daisy the odd lick around the eye (I think that's all he does for grooming though!!). Gizmo and Daisy still seem to be a bit wary of each other, although Gizmo does seem to try and groom Daisy, but she gets a bit freaked out and runs off.
Hopefully all three finally bond properly - i'd dread it if marley went off with Daisy and left Gizmo alone!!! :(

Back