• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hypochondriac Mom

sidereus7

Mama Doe
Hello everyone!

I just was curious to see if anyone else has this issue.

Since I started reading the forums, and seeing so many beloved buns go to the bridge, I have become a bit paranoid about my own buns. I watch them like a hawk and anytime they do something weird, I begin to freak a little. And Mimi is the queen of weird :roll:

Has anyone else become a bit paranoid from some of the stories? I think it's much better to be too watchful than not enough, but I think I'm losing some of my sanity! :shock:

How long does it take to calm down and truly know when your bun isn't quite right? :oops:

massively, MASSIVELY paranoid! :( I actually shouted at my flat mate tonight because the bunny had found a stray wire (plugged in phone charger) to chew and he picked her up a little bit roughly, not roughly, ROUGHLY, but rougher than i would like :censored: The silly thing is I know he did it as an emergency procedure, and its my own fault for not bunny proofing enough :oops:

I also watch her like a hawk and constantly quote the horrible things that *can* happen to her to him. they all think I'm nuts :oops: I probably am :oops: but I adore her and spend the time I'm not watching her readingup on horrible hings that can happen :(

yeah.. this forum has took me to the point where im scared to see the buns in the morning just incase.. but it has also saved alvins life as i knew him not eating was not a good sign for a bunny and ofcourse Jane has imprinted on my brain the need for pain relief no matter what the vets say so i have a printout about stasis just incase my concerns are ignored..... touch wood we never see stasis again in this house

yeah.. this forum has took me to the point where im scared to see the buns in the morning just incase.. but it has also saved alvins life as i knew him not eating was not a good sign for a bunny and ofcourse Jane has imprinted on my brain the need for pain relief no matter what the vets say so i have a printout about stasis just incase my concerns are ignored..... touch wood we never see stasis again in this house

I feel like that :(
Somedays i just want to give up, had nothing but bad luck since December, no matter how hard i try :cry:

Its heartbreaking

Somedays i just want to give up, had nothing but bad luck since December, no matter how hard i try :cry:

Its heartbreaking

awww hun :cry::cry: dont forget your a mini rescue so you will get the poor souls that have waited for happiness before they feel safe enough to move on :love: hard for you but amazing for the little ones :love:

Its heartbreaking

i feel like this too with the animals, but at least we are on the lookout and have cared for them until the end, more than many get.:(

I panic when they're flopped :oops:
I have to sit and check that they're breathing before I leave them in peace!

I check my hamster a few times a day too, it's since going to the rat cage when I was younger and finding one of them had died I worry it's gonna happen again :(

The first time my rabbit hiccuped, I thought she was having a seizure! :shock: She seemed absolutely fine after her little episode of hiccups, but I was thinking, "Agh! What if she has brain damage?!" :oops:

Oh the little bunny quirks that make my life horrifically interesting... :lol:

Yup....I spend all day worrying when I'm at work. Or shopping. Or out anywhere. Sometimes even if I'm in the house I get panicky if they aren't in the same room as me. :oops:

I'm EXACTLY the same. It's so sad to see all these bunnies go downhill fast. I was devastated when i read about Diego yesterday. All seemed well at the vets then he was gone. It's so sad and so scary. I run to Fidget's cage and the out to Frankie's hutch every morning (even before my cigarette :shock:) just to check they're ok!

The first time my rabbit hiccuped, I thought she was having a seizure! :shock: She seemed absolutely fine after her little episode of hiccups, but I was thinking, "Agh! What if she has brain damage?!" :oops:

Oh the little bunny quirks that make my life horrifically interesting... :lol:

Hahahaha! Me too!

Has anyone else become a bit paranoid from some of the stories? I think it's much better to be too watchful than not enough, but I think I'm losing some of my sanity! :shock:

How long does it take to calm down and truly know when your bun isn't quite right? :oops:

Not so much paranoid as forewarned and it's probably saved Dulcie's life yesterday. I think it depends on what sort of person you are, the amount of time it takes to relax and trust your instincts. But it's definitely better to be too watchful than not enough, even if it does send you slightly round the bend. ;)

It's only when it starts ruining your enjoyment of sharing your life with your companion animals that it becomes a problem. We only have them for a short time as it is and we should enjoy every moment we have with them rather than spend it worrying about them constantly. Easy to say but hard to do.

Sometimes. :oops: At first, very much so...

I calmed down a lot until recently. Two of mine have tummy trouble when moulting. Recently, all four had been out in their runs for the entire day, and when returned to their hutches all four immediately flopped out like 'aah, tired now', but I kept obsesively checking them to make sure they weren't all suddenly in stasis. :roll: Poor bunnies looked peeved at me for disturbing their well earned rest!

I'm ALWAYS paranoid about them. But to be honest I have got loads of info from here and some of it excellent some of it not worth reading. I would prefer to be paranoid about Bean and Truffle rather than not.

When I was little I had a rabbit called flopsy who lived at top of garden. He never went to the vets once - how little I knew! He ate a mix of food rather than pellets...didn't have a big enough run or anything :oops::oops::oops: Yet he lived for 11 years!!! along with his friend Gizmo the guinea pig - again how little I knew!!! Being on the forum has taught me sooooo much about rabbits and making sure they are happy. I often feel that Bean and Truffle must be the best looked after pets my partner and I have ever had!

:oops: Me too :lol:
I hate being at home during the day because when i go upstairs and see Fudge hunched with her eyes closed i panic and give her a pellet to make sure shes ok :oops: Turns out she is just sleeping :oops::lol:

When Blackie passed away i am such a worry now more than ever. When ever i see the rabbits in their litter tray im right over there checking their poo :oops:
I check everything more now, eyes, ears, mouths, bums, feet etc and have a feel of their tummies about twice or three times a day to make sure it doesnt feel bloated or hard!

I panic when Fudge changes her place to sleep thinking shes in pain even though she is just hot or cold (sleeps in towels when cold and on cold floor when hot)

When They do their sweet happy grind/pur thing i panic and think its the 'im in pain' grid even though there is a BIG difference.

The cause of my death will be a heart attack because of the bunnies :lol: I get so worried sick, i feel it in the bottom of my stomach and its horrible. But its all in my head :oops::roll:

I hope i will one day get over the fear of my bunnies being ill and manage a day without panicing :lol:

Daisy-Sunshine has lots of hyperactive days - running about like a maniac, leaping on and off furniture, chasing cats, scoffing hay like there's no tomorrow, attempting to break into kitchen cupboards in search of edibles :roll: and generally being a crazy bunny!

So, whenever she's not doing those things and just sitting about I tend to get worried and start thinking stasis/bloat/high temp illness (which she's had twice before) :oops:

Still, better to be vigilant than negligent (or so I tell my o/h when he's been interrupted at work when I'm in a bunny panic :oops::lol:)

Having lost three buns in a year I am incredibly paranoid now and dread arriving home form work in case something has happened to my remaining two. sorrel was lying down the other day and i had dialed the vet's number before she got up and stretched and i realised she had jsut been sleeping.

Back