• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Bee just bit my Bottom!!!!

Tinytoez

Warren Scout
Sorry, I just had to tell you all a bee just bit my bottom, I was sitting on my bed on my laptop (not literally) and I leant back and felt this sharp pain, I felt behind me to see if one of the pins had fallen off my memo board, heard this buzzing, turned round and there was this huuuuge bee climbing up my pillow, so I turned tail and ran out my room!!!
Im now sitting here with a cut slice of onion in me nikkas (to erm take the sting away :D)

Anyway now to the question I wanted to ask about Honey.
Weve had her almost 2 weeks now, and for 1 of them shes been living down my cousins house and I have been visiting her after work (and spending hours with Katie my new best friend).

Well we have noticed that she wont poo unless shes in her hutch, and she tends to poo in the corner she lays, she did have a plastic corner thing but it was so skanky I threw it away as she didnt seem to actually use it.
Is this normal for a bun to not want to poo outside her hutch, could it be part of her nerves or is she just house trained already?

Its not gut stasis as far as Im aware as she does poo when shes inside.

Her runny poos have also cleared up, she had a few after her Mixo jab, and a few Monday and Tuesday but since then nothing, but we have clipped some of the fur around her backside, maybe that helped?

Im going to get her 2 more plastic corners, one for her cage and one for her run to see if that helps - she also spends time indoors but she wont poo then either.

Any ideas anyone?

Sorry I cant help with the bunny question but I totally sympathise with the bee problem after sitting on a bee whilst wearing a bikini on holiday it was sooooooooooo sore :D

It's very usual for them to go toilet in one place, it's also quite usual for them to shelter in the same place too. Once they've picked their litter spot you just have to make the best of it and try and put a litter tray where they go :roll:

That is the plan, but what do we do about her not going if shes not in her cage, as I get worried that her holding herself all day will cause her problems?

Most people leave the cage door open so they can go back in when they need to do some business. If this is not possible take some of her poo and put it in a new litter tray outside the cage and then hopefully she will use that one aswell.

Thats what I thought we would have to do, there would be a problem leaving her out all day and letting her run in and out the hutch at will because, even though the garden is huge (its 2 gardens made into one) as they live next door to my aunt in a corner of a cul de sac and there are no fences, there is also a very brave fox living there too, and the run is too heavy for one person to pick up let alone a fox, so she is either in that, in the hutch, or indoors.
I say brave because it walks down the road in broad daylight, catches chickens then walks up the road with them in its mouth to take them home!

Back