• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who had the REW 8 bun that recently passed away?

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
I think his name was Dougal or similar but I can't find the thread?
Sorry if I upset whose bun it is but I wanted to find out more about the problem he had.
Thank you.
:wave:

Thank you both of you.

Sorry Liz, I needed to find out about what Leons problems were.

Im a little concerned about my two as each time they have gone to the vets they have been found to have really 'doughy tummies' and I recalled it was stenosis of some sort that Leon died from but couldn't recall exactly.

The first 2 times we weren't concerned as they had just come to me from the original place and then from being held by the police so I put it down to the diet they had been given but they are now on a whole section of a bale of hay per day, teaspoon each of Bunny Basics T and herbs and veggies so their tummies should not feel like playdough. :(

I will read through your thread and maybe pm you if I have any questions if you don't mind Liz?

Not a problem :)

Larry has also had stasis a couple of times and his poos are tiny considering his size so I am permanently worried about him :(

Hope your 2 will be ok

Thank you. :wave:

Ive had a good read and am going to keep them on a hay, grass and herb only diet from now on and see how their tummies go. No dry and no veggies.
I was advised to do this for 3 days anyway to see how they go but im thinking im going to keep them to it long term just to be cautious.
Its odd because they haven't had any probs and their poo's are big and healthy looking yet something isn't right.

Really hope Larry doesn't have any more probs in the future. :)

That sounds odd. The two still in this area are ok and don't seem to have had any tummy problems yet. It's good to know whats going on with the others though in case it's something that crops up in these later on. I hope yours will be ok Leanne :D

Thanks Lucy. :wave:

I may be being paranoid but better safe than sorry, especially after reading about it all and what Liz and Jane's buns went through. Im thankful that I know it is a likely problem if they do become ill suddenly.

I took 5 in today and you can certainly tell the difference between my girls to the rest of the clans tums. I certainly wasn't expecting my vet to be concerned about their tums because they haven't shown any signs of any problems.
The fact that even on a great diet they still have doughy tummies is worrying. Thank goodness they LOVE their hay!

Back