PDA

View Full Version : Vibes needed for Sooty - update post 31 She's back in again!

Mr Cookie Bun
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
My baby needs your vibes. Sooty's had to go back to the vet's because they *think* she *might* be having a rare reaction to her myxi booster :cry: Her back legs are all wonky and then her eyes sort of went staring and glazed over :cry: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176081
Has anyone else ever had this happen or have you heard of it happening to anyone's bun?

LilVicky
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
oh no! poor sooty!
Sending lots of vibes xx
get well soon xx

Jack's-Jane
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I have not had a Bun have an adverse reaction to a Myxo Vac

I do hope Sooty will be OK

XX

oscarbunny
09-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh no, poor Sooty, sending lots of vibes x

lilbun
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
My bun Tippex Porkychicken collapsed the day after her mxyi vac last year. It turned out to be caused by e. cuniculi: the stress of having been spayed, treated for mites, rehomed, introduced to other rabbits and then her vaccine, over the space of a few weeks was too much for her body to deal with. She's fine now, and has never had a vaccine reaction since.

Mr Cookie Bun
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
My bun Tippex Porkychicken collapsed the day after her mxyi vac last year. It turned out to be caused by e. cuniculi: the stress of having been spayed, treated for mites, rehomed, introduced to other rabbits and then her vaccine, over the space of a few weeks was too much for her body to deal with. She's fine now, and has never had a vaccine reaction since.

Was it a Nobivac vaccine? E.C was one of the other things they mentioned. They're keeping her in because they don't know what it is - she isn't showing any other signs of EC. Thank goodness I changed my vets - I'm using the vet school in Edinburgh now so at least it's some comfort knowing she's in good hands.

KateB
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh dear:( Big Vibes for Sooty:wave:

lilbun
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Was it a Nobivac vaccine? E.C was one of the other things they mentioned. They're keeping her in because they don't know what it is - she isn't showing any other signs of EC. Thank goodness I changed my vets - I'm using the vet school in Edinburgh now so at least it's some comfort knowing she's in good hands.

I think it was Nobivac myxo. I'm not saying the vaccine was at fault, just that too many stresses at once can trigger an episode of e.c. Hopefully they are treating for that anyway. Mine had an anti-inflammatory, fenbendazole, septrin and supportive treatment (i.v. fluids and intensive nursing). They don't always have all the symptoms.

bunbuns
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Sending loads of vibes foe Sooty xxx

Hunnybunny2007
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Sooty

tigerangel
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Lots of vibes x

Luna wasnt well after her vaccinations last year and was quiet/limp the following morning (she had the vaccine at 7pm the following evening) but I blame that on the vet giving her both Myxo and VHD vaccinations together :evil:

She was fine after 24 hours of first looking 'unwell' - I hope its the same for Sooty x

giantbunnymummy
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Vibes for Sooty!

hurricanhoney
09-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Sending lots of vibes.

Mr Cookie Bun
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I phoned the vet a little while ago. Tomorrow they are going to x-ray her and do further tests. She's been stressed out enough today so they want to give her some peace now. Her back legs are still the same but her eyes are back to normal and she's still eating,drinking, pooing and peeing (and bit a vet). They don't know what's wrong and have only gave her a painkiller and anti-inflamitory (sp) in case it is a reaction to the vaccine. They've said it could be a number of things - allergic reaction, e.c, an infection, neurological or a type of roundworm called baliscarus proconi (that's not spelt right but think it sounds about right). I'll let you all know when I find out more. Thanks for the vibes xxx.

Mazda
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
lots and lots of vibes for sooty. x x x x x

Mr Cookie Bun
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, my girly is being kept in over the weekend :cry: Her right back leg is fine but she's still got a wobbly left one. Her x-rays and tests that she had today all came back clear (or negative) so they have said that to say the vaccine caused it would be a guess. They have done other tests but some of the results won't be back till next week and others could take weeks.

Please don't read this and not get your bunnies myxi jab - if it has been caused by the vaccine then it could be something to do with Sooty's immune system etc. It does not mean it would happen to your bun or that the vaccine is at fault.

Snowberry
10-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Lots of vibes for Sooty!!! Hope she is feeling better soon!

Boudicca
10-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I hope she will be ok lots and lots of vibes for Sooty ~~~

sarahslc
10-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Lots of vibes for Sooty come on girl!

giantbunnymummy
10-04-2009, 10:11 PM
More vibes for Sooty - hope she's home with you soon.

elaine35uk
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Lots of vibes for Sooty xx

Mr Cookie Bun
13-04-2009, 09:15 PM
My other half went to pick up Sooty this morning. While he was in the consultation room talking to the vet, Sooty was is her carrier. Before he left the vet opened the carrier and Sooty was the same again - staring eyes and wonky legs :cry: The vet took her out right away and about 5-10mins later she was fine again :roll: Put her back in the carrier, other half went to the car park and it happened again.Took her back into vet, took her out the carrier, once again 5-10 mins later she was fine :? The vet decided to keep her in again :cry:
We phoned them just before 6 and they said we can come and get her. Spent just under 800 to find out my bunny gets totally stressed in her new carrier and in small places :lol: I know it's not really funny but I have to laugh or I'd be sobbing by now.

Snowberry
13-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh my goodness! 800!!!

Mr Cookie Bun
13-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh my goodness! 800!!!

789.76p to be exact :shock: She was in since Thursday and had x-rays, blood tests, skin scrapes, a scan thing on her head and loads of other tests (also cost more because of the easter weekend). She had quite a few different types of medicine because they didn't know what was wrong. I love her to bits though and she's worth every single penny - so glad they're insured :D

Maizey
13-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm so glad Sooty is on the mend.800 is bloody disgraceful.Some of these vets make my blood boil

Mr Cookie Bun
13-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm so glad Sooty is on the mend.800 is bloody disgraceful.Some of these vets make my blood boil

My other half reckons we're paying for their expansion :lol:

Maizey
13-04-2009, 09:55 PM
My other half reckons we're paying for their expansion :lol:

More like a round the world cruise:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

donnamt
13-04-2009, 09:57 PM
789.76p to be exact :shock: She was in since Thursday and had x-rays, blood tests, skin scrapes, a scan thing on her head and loads of other tests (also cost more because of the easter weekend). She had quite a few different types of medicine because they didn't know what was wrong. I love her to bits though and she's worth every single penny - so glad they're insured :D

:shock::shock::shock::shock: good job they are worth every penny huh :love::love:

Mr Cookie Bun
13-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I forgot that part of that charge was for an emergercy appointment - because oh left with Sooty and signed her out then went back in. I'm a bit scared that the insurance won't pay out because it was caused by stress :?

Jack's-Jane
13-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Well I am glad she is home and apparently OK but..........:? :? :? :?

and the cost !! :shock:

Mr Cookie Bun
13-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Well Jane, you were right with the "but".
Just come back from our old vet - Sooty's been admitted AGAIN :cry: While I was on RU earlier my other half had Sooty lying on his chest. He said that her whole body started trembling and it felt like her heart was going to burst out her chest then her eyes went staring and her legs went "drunk" again. She isn't shaking so that it's really noticable though.
I phoned our old vet and one of the rabbit-savvy vets was in so we took her to them. She thinks that Sooty has epilepsy and has gave her a phenibarbitol (sp). Her test results had came back negative for ec but she has to have it done igain in 4-5 weeks.
I don't know what to think now - I just want her well again. I'm sooo confused with all the disease names and tests and medicine names that it's making my head hurt. The only experience I have with epilepsy is my Dad but his fits are very violent and nothing like what Sooty's doing. I'm questioning everything the vet's saying - if it was epilepsy shouldn't she be sort of lying down shaking?